Cycling for weight loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I need motivation.

Started at Slimming World so my eating is decent, but I need to be more active.

I have a gym membership but to be honest I hate the gym. But it is an option.

My commute is 20 miles. Which is kind of why I've never done it on the bike for ages.

Don't know whether to attempt the commute again, or just go out for an hour in the evenings on the bike (and try to stay alive!).

So 1 commute a week of 40 miles (might be split into 20 on way home and 20 back in next day) or 5 x 10 miles across weekdays? Or bite the bullet and go to the gym?

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Have a go at one of the CC monthly challenges.

In 2015 I did 49 strava rides that got me 1285 km. I joined the CC 2016 50 km a month challenge and did 100 rides that got me 4119 km.

:bicycle:

maxfox44

My commute is 12.5 ew on mostly dark country lanes. I took the plunge in march 2015, waited for the clock change. I manage an average of 4 days a week now. It was challenging for a few weeks, but now it's a breeze really. You'll need plenty of gear, clothes, lights, mudguards, maybe a winter bike. A way of taking your work clothes, perhaps access to a shower at work and of course extra time both ways. But having said that, your exercise time is done when you get home. I also listen to audiobooks. This means I can stay safe and hear traffic, which is more difficult with music on.
Why don't you make Fridays your cycle day. The weekend to recover and perhaps that a good day to beat the traffic jams???

Top Bottom