cycling forums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paddypete

i think cycling forums should be about getting out there and enjoying yourself,no matter what kind of person or what kind of bike ,if you want to be the best, in what ever you do,it takes graf,t staminner,and not dosh

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
i think cycling forums should be about getting out there and enjoying yourself,no matter what kind of person or what kind of bike ,if you want to be the best, in what ever you do,it takes graf,t staminner,and not dosh

CC seems to be the place to be then :highfive:

classic33

Leg End Member
You've only yourself to beat.

OP
OP
paddypete

paddypete

Beating your own goals. Getting up a particular hill, improving how you ride. Hence only yourself.
its a bit like golf,but with bigger balls

classic33

Leg End Member
golf takes, a total control,you have to get all your emotions out of focuus,before you hit that ball,unlike approching a climb
Don't focus on any goal in sight and you're likely to miss.

In golf if you previously managed to get the same hole, in the same number of shots, would you not want to see if you could do better?

mattobrien

Guru
if you want to be the best, in what ever you do,it takes graf,t staminner,and not dosh

Be it right or wrong, it probably takes both hard work and money if you want to be the best in many fields. The best F1 driver will usually only win if they are in the best car and the hardest working, best trained cycling team will win nothing if they are on BSO's.

While I think that your current trend of posts saying it's all about the person and not expensive bikes / kit for other sports is possibly meant in the right spirit, I am not sure it is accurate.

The very best have the very best kit. And while at a level that many of us on this forum will ride at the kit may make less of a different than the absolute top pro's, if buying expensive kit makes people happy, let's live and let live, rather than get on a downer at them :okay:

Top Bottom