Cycling glasses at dusk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
What do people tend to do when riding at dusk about their cycling glasses?
I set out it was lovely daylight, definitely sunglasses weather, then sun set I needed the dark lens to stop the sun in my eyes, but a few miles later it had set and I was struggling to see and ended up stuffing them in my jersey pocket for last 6/7 miles.
Do people carry more than one pair? bother swapping lenses to clear ones mid ride? take them off and suffer the flies/ midges? or keep them on and cycle basically blind?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Transition lenses for me.
Though I did used to take different colour lenses with me. They don't take up much space in a jersey pocket

boydj

Legendary Member
'Reactions' lenses. Been using them for years in prescription Oakleys. Never go out on the bike without them.

Lowcliff

Try yellow lens safety glasses - screwfix ??, I use them for fly fishing as well, they work a treat

Doseone

Guru
Just got some photochromics that start from clear. Wearing them for the first time was one of those "where have you been all my life?" moments.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Take em off then..

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wear shades but only when it's a sunny day. I find visibility is decreased on cloudy days wearing them,so then i wear clear eye protection. If it's a sunny evening i'll wear a visor on my helmet to block out the setting sun.

Top Bottom