cycling glasses over spectacles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
As a spectacle wearer while riding I suffer from watery eyes when descending at speed and riding into a headwind .Don't went to go the expense of having a prescription pair just for cycling .Does anybody know of any goggles I can wear over my glasses.My glasses have fairly small rectangular lens
Thanks in advance

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Check the big DIY stores, they may have safety overglasses.

Last edited:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Never found any that work with glasses, I did a parachute jump last October and the goggles they use seemed to work very well as wind breaks. No frame or bulk of diver type or handyman safety goggles, just thin plastic bent around into a very flat cone basically, simple and effective.

Otherwise you could go for an 80's revival look and try for the Timmy Mallett big gigs vibe. :smile:

Steady

Über Member
On another forum a few people found a cheap alternative to prescription cycling glasses, it may not be for everyone but the total cost was £30. Pick up a set of sunglasses from Amazon for £10-15 (or eBay or those myriad of hong-kong sites) just make sure they have the little myopia frame insert and then send them off to a reglazing firm for £15-20. Link is here to people discussing it: http://triban3owners.freeforums.net/thread/4510/prescription-glasses-inserts-cost

I've still got to send mine off. My only trouble is that I'm one of the peculiar vision cases, whilst I've got full vision my right is effectively blurred and the left takes over predominately, but I do have full wide vision, until these fancy cycling sunglasses stick their big nose buffers the length of the nose and cut off the other eye so an alternative to that with goggles would be a lot better for me too.

Tried contacts a few years ago and just could not get on with them just seemed a lot of faffing
A lot of folk say similar. I'm as blind as the proverbial bat and when I do get new glasses, its been a while now, I go for a pair thats got good coverage and I can wear close to my face but I wear daily disposables for weekend leisure rides with regular shades/ sports glasses on top. I order the lenses on line its cheaper and more convenient. Good luck!

jack smith

Veteran
The british army use glasses that can have lenses placed behind the main lense they work great they have interchangeable lenses clear yellow and black, "ess ice" are best for the road bike as the top of the lense has no frame so dont obstruct any vision or you can go with "revision sawfly" ... Not to mention if they stop ballistics they can stop road grub lol
image.jpg

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Specsavers do prescription bike glasses. I got them in clear and as sunglasses. I think they are around £100 and they fit well. Money well spent. They come in various coloured frames.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The british army use glasses that can have lenses placed behind the main lense they work great they have interchangeable lenses clear yellow and black, "ess ice" are best for the road bike as the top of the lense has no frame so dont obstruct any vision or you can go with "revision sawfly" ... Not to mention if they stop ballistics they can stop road grub lol View attachment 77228
Can you use them with regular glasses underneath?

Top Bottom