Cycling glasses / sunglasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi folks, wondering if I can pick your brains re cycling glasses / sunglasses.

Am having terrible problems with fishing insects out of my eyes (one of the joys of cycling in the countryside / near farmyards / near standing water) and it's beginning to get a bit tedious. Plus my eyes are really sore for a bit afterwards.

Glasses would certainly solve the problem. I saw these in Decathlon and want to know if anyone who has a pair can tell me what they're like:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/cycling-700-race-photo-cat1-3-id_8382663.html

Or if these aren't great, is there anything comparable at a similar price point?

Drago

Legendary Member
Bolle Rush tinted for less than half the price. They're not just sunnies, they're proper protective safety lenses too.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I'll keep an eye out, pardon the pun. :biggrin:

Should've added that being on the short / small side, a lot of adult glasses don't fit me very well. Will try 'em out though and see what's what.

Reactions: mjr

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have an Aldi pair and a Lidl pair and, whilst they do the job, they tend to fog up a lot, which can be a pain and even dangerous.
Every pair of glasses, ever, have goggled when I stop riding from the cheapest ones to a pair of Oakleys. I have tried anti fog spray, washing in washing up liquid and every other theory to stop sunglasses fogging. Glasses fog, even my normal seeing ones do.

vickster

Legendary Member
As @Saluki. My Oakleys do too once I stop especially if warm, e.g, at lights - they rapidly de-fog once moving again though

I have to have Rx glasses and only like direct glaze, hence the Oakleys

Aldi or Lidl for £1.99 a pair. I got about 4 pairs at the last Aldi bike event. The Lidl one will be any day soon, I would think. Pretty similar prices.
Be sure to check they have UV protection.

I have had Lidl or Aldi ones with and some without.

I think I'll get me some of the Bolle ones that @Drago linked. Cheers!

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I personally use a pair of 'Tifosi Optics Tyrant 2.0 Light Night Fototec Glasses' The lenses transition to darker shades depending on how bright the light is but while it doesnt offer complete protection from the sun as the tinting is fairly light Its still pretty decent.

the Fototec version has been discontinued now but they might be found elsewhere... Not super expensive. I think i paid about £30 for mine. I have used my pair all year around and they are still pretty good at night

::EDIT::

Actually these glasses are still available. For some reason evanscycles has double listings for exactly the same product, the page i had been looking at said the product was no longer sold.

you can find it here for £60

Just incase you want to see a review -- one can also be found here

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Thanks for all the assorted options - will look them up :okay: It's nice to know there're plenty of options. :smile:

I do like the idea of photochromic lenses as one pair "does it all" as it were.

Top Bottom