Cycling glasses, the plus and draw backs of them

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
As an alternative to the Buff, try a Halo headband.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Talking of Buffs.
Found it... my Cycle Chat Buff.. The original. At the back of my cycling gear drawer. Forgot I had it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Talking of Buffs.
Found it... my Cycle Chat Buff.. The original. At the back of my cycling gear drawer. Forgot I had it.
View attachment 516949
I have 2 Buffs on the go at the moment. Strictly speaking, my Welsh dragon one is a 'proper' Buff. I bought that at a shop in Dollgellau after losing the one I'd gone on holiday with somewhere on the MTB trails at Coed y Brenin. The buff-a-like clone is a Cycling Plus cover gift.

I was thinking about my CycleChat buff-clone a few weeks ago. I haven't seen it for a year or two but I'm fairly sure it is here somewhere. I'll have to hunt for it.

Buffs are for necks - stops draughts going down your shirt and can be pulled up to cover nose and mouth.
I was thinking of using a doubled-up buff as a face mask if we are eventually required to wear one when out of the house. I'm assuming that the police won't stop us to check that we are using a certified product!

I'm a glasses wearer and don't really have a problem with them steaming up or getting covered in sweat, except on the turbo where towards the end of a session its almost impossible to see the numbers on the screen I am supposed to be following :-/

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I was thinking of using a doubled-up buff as a face mask if we are eventually required to wear one when out of the house. I'm assuming that the police won't stop us to check that we are using a certified product!

I've been doing this for a month or so. Very easy to pull up for the short time it's needed. It's effectiveness is highly questionable but it acts as a reminder not to touch my face when at the supermarket.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
What for ears, oh wise one?

I'll take me tongue out of my cheek.

I don't need anything for my ears as they don't get cold. A buff did the job. I used this technique years ago before realising a cap suited me better - mainly in the rain. There's a whole range of headwear that can be used - my wife has given me most of them for Christmas.

Reactions: mjr

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wearing the buff as I described gives you plenty of spare material to pull down to cover just the tips of your ears or the whole ear if it's really cold.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've been doing this for a month or so. Very easy to pull up for the short time it's needed. It's effectiveness is highly questionable but it acts as a reminder not to touch my face when at the supermarket.
It might not make much difference for virus particles in aerosol spray but it would surely reduce the range of larger infected droplets from a cough or sneeze?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom