Cycling Glasses..why so expensive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
+1 for Bolle ones, £7 on Ebay, my pair is 3 years old not a scratch, + Rainx £3 from Asda, works on glasses and car windscreen. I use Rainx on both sides and it seems to help stop them fogging on cold mornings, not perfect tho.
+1 again for the Bolle ones, however, just picked up a pair of Btwin clear ones from Decathlon for £7 and they seem equally good but without the metal frame.

Nope it is the mineral ore they're after in Avatar!......geek yes I am!:thumbsup:
Do you know which ??????-tanium it was in "The Core" then?

Hicky

Guru
Apparently the stuff "out there" on Pandora was/is worth 20million per kilo.....I've got to switch off the kids dvd's when the go off to bed.

carolonabike

I see that as well as unobtanium they also contain plutonite, - 'It’s for those who defy the architects of life and put up their own blueprint'
:laugh:

yello

back to glasses ;) , I won a pair of Giro specs that retail for £90.... that's all, just boasting.... nah, they really are a superior product (in terms of light clarity & vision, that sort of thing) to all of my cheaper specs (as you'd sodding well hope really!)

My point being, feel free to buy cheaper (Lidl/Aldi/ebay special welding goggles, whatever) specs but please don't claim they are as good. I will simply believe you've either not tried more expensive glasses or you are deluded ;) (However, I will accept that cheaper specs are good enough for you, or a better proposition because you're always loosing, breaking or sitting on them)

Re prescription specs, another vote for Optilabs. I've had mine around 6 years now and I'm well pleased with them. Excellent service too; they sent me a new arm free (to France) when I broke the original.

This post brought to you by '(' and ')'. :smile:

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I use £8 Lidl ones :tongue:

Me too, can't wait for the better weather to change to a darker lense, look like Bono at the mo:whistle:

mattobrien

Guru
I have a pair of Wiley X PT1 glasses that I use for cycling, they are supposed to be fairly bullet proof and ought to withstand the stray stone flying up from a passing car or lorry.

I didn't buy them for cycling, but for use with my Caterham (which doesn't have a windscreen), but they seemed perfectly good for cycling use. Plus they have three different lenses, so work in all conditions.

Matt

Willo

Me too, can't wait for the better weather to change to a darker lense, look like Bono at the mo:whistle:

Me too, was just thinking earlier this week that I was looking a bit of an idiot with the clear lenses in a sport-style sunglass frame. Bought a couple of pairs at Lidls last time round - first pair broke after a few months but do the job without me having to stress about them if they get damaged etc.

Norm

Bigsharn

Veteran
I tend to use the darkish lens anyway, less to keep flies out of my eyes, more because the only time the sun seems to be out recently is sunrise and sunset, where it gets right in your eyes :tongue:

Top Bottom