Cycling Helmets

Which Helmet A B C D E F.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stearman65

I've just searched for the Helmet thread I posted on when I first joined & found it has been locked. So this is my take on the subject.
I will be ready to take to the roads in a couple of weeks on my Claud Butler Stratos folding bike. I have been getting back into cycling after a layoff of almost 60 years off & on by riding on the quiet pavements & parks in Southport. I've decided to take to the roads now & get some protective clothing, helmet, gloves, knee & elbow protectors. My theory on helmets & the number of people against them is their appearance. So I did a bit of checking around at helmets used in other sports & decided that motor cycling & horse riding were the least innocuous. I remember Reg Harris who was a local hero when I lived in the Manchester area, what put me off was the protective hat he wore, which was a cross between a tank driver & a boxer. I think the current style of helmet stems from Reg's day & developed to keep the head cool when racing. I've gathered together a few styles of helmet & would welcome comments as to their usefulness or effectiveness. My cycling would consist of the odd couple of hours 2 or 3 times a week.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eric_shepherd/albums/72157671554196340

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

JoshM

I've never understood the big helmet debate. To me it's about choice. The information is out there, and it's for each of us to research the subject as much or as little as we want in order to get us to a place where we feel comfortable with our own decision on helmets.

Does my wearing or not wearing a helmet have any impact on the next cyclist wearing or not wearing one? No? Then leave me to my decision and I'll leave you to yours. So long as we're both happy with our individual decisions it shouldn't matter.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I've never understood the big helmet debate. To me it's about choice. The information is out there, and it's for each of us to research the subject as much or as little as we want in order to get us to a place where we feel comfortable with our own decision on helmets.

Does my wearing or not wearing a helmet have any impact on the next cyclist wearing or not wearing one? No? Then leave me to my decision and I'll leave you to yours. So long as we're both happy with our individual decisions it shouldn't matter.
Yeah, but why have a reasoned discourse based on rational thinking when you could have a great big bunfight? That's much more fun.

vickster

Legendary Member
Whichever fits you best and is comfortable, otherwise I'm with GC on don't really care which you choose :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom