Cycling Helmets

Which Helmet A B C D E F.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoshM

if it ends up with compulsory helmets like in Australia... then yes, it definitely does.

That's a different debate though isn't it? That's not should I wear a helmet, but should cyclists be forced to? Personally I wear a helmet, but I'm against the forcing of cyclists to wear helmets. My personal choice of wearing a helmet is unlikely to make it more or less likely that you're forced to though, is it?

When people wear helmets because everyone else does. Then when someone is killed or injured it's usually stated whether they were wearing a helmet or not irrespective of whether it would have helped passing blame onto the cyclist if not.

Goggs

Guru
I've chosen 'none' I'm afraid. I've yet to read anything which conclusively proves they aid safety. The Dutch don't really wear them, nor do most of the French people I see daily.

I do own one but it was for off-road use when I had a mountain bike and fell off the bike embarrassingly often. I've tried wearing it on the road but, weirdly, I actually feel more vulnerable with it than without. Go figure.

Last edited:

Goggs

Guru
I should add that I agree with those stating that the 'normalisation' of their use will inevitably lead to their becoming mandatory. I oppose mandatory safety features on principle.

Big Andy

Über Member
I should add that I agree with those stating that the 'normalisation' of their use will inevitably lead to their becoming mandatory. I oppose mandatory safety features on principle.
Im not sure I agree with that, if it is seen as normal and therefore the majority are wearing a helmet there will be no need to make them mandatory. Not that I think there is a need. Im very much pro choice, I choose to wear one, I will defend the right of others to choose not to though.

Did all of that survive then? Anyway, the point is that the thread lock is temporary.
A couple of posts were removed but the majority stayed.

So you are in your 70s and going cycling with elbow and knee pads, and one of those helmets? You are going to look wonderfully eccentric whichever one you choose.

I'm not sure how you think we can judge effectiveness from a photo. Find out what standard they conform to, read that standard and see if you think that's enough. As these helmets are designed for other disciplines you may find they don't cope well with the heat and sweat generated by exertion.

I will not vote until there is a ladybird spotted red and black one with a fake mohawk hairstyle.
And this one!
bobbin_gold_helmet_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom