Cycling Helmets

Which Helmet A B C D E F.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I have always understood it to be a Wagnerian opera thing. That could be a meta myth though.
That's ringing a bell. Something about adding the horns to make him look more devilish?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've decided to take to the roads now & get some protective clothing, helmet, gloves, knee & elbow protectors.

I'm now picturing you out on the local stunt ramps with the BMX kids! Elbow / knee pads shouldn't be needed on roads, but I guess if it gives you comfort then it's not for me to say you shouldn't. It'll be an unusual sight, that's for sure.

My theory on helmets & the number of people against them is their appearance.

Nah, it's most definitely not the appearance. While people will form polar views about their effectiveness or usefulness or whatever else, it's not because of their lack of aesthetic appeal, it's whether they work or are needed. Bike helmets are at least designed with cycling in mind; A horse rider wouldn't wear a cycling helmet for dressage, and a cyclist shouldn't wear a horsey hat for riding bikes on the road, because the testing, design etc are all sport-specific. You sound like you're convinced that you want to wear head protection, so if you intend on wearing a helmet on a bike, then make it a bike helmet. There's enough designs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom