Cycling Helmets

Which Helmet A B C D E F.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
None of the above.
Horse riding helmets make your head "cook".
Much prefer my vented cycling helmet :smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Can't be too safe -

hc.jpg

Goggs

Guru
Im not sure I agree with that, if it is seen as normal and therefore the majority are wearing a helmet there will be no need to make them mandatory. Not that I think there is a need. Im very much pro choice, I choose to wear one, I will defend the right of others to choose not to though.

It will though because those who don't conform become 'othered'. Also, lawyers & big business will make a whole heap of money out of it - the same people who sponsor and indeed are the government. Seat belts in cars started out as advisory & we know what happened there, despite them not preventing accidents in the slightest.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
It will though because those who don't conform become 'othered'. Also, lawyers & big business will make a whole heap of money out of it - the same people who sponsor and indeed are the government. Seat belts in cars started out as advisory & we know what happened there, despite them not preventing accidents in the slightest.

seatbelts do not prevent accidents anymore than helmets do, BUT, they just might save your life or prevent very serious injury in the event of an incident.

snorri

Legendary Member
I couldn't vote in the poll because there was no information with each helmet regarding their efficiency in a crash. It would , I think, be foolish to judge on looks alone. I suggest you shop around and demand a helmet with a proven track record of providing real on road crash
protection in a variety of scenarios, ie head on ,side on and rear end shunt etc., before purchasing.

Goggs

Guru
seatbelts do not prevent accidents anymore than helmets do, BUT, they just might save your life or prevent very serious injury in the event of an incident.

Oh I agree with seatbelts as regards injuries but surely that's down to personal choice? If it could be proven that these kind of things actually prevent accidents in the first place then I'd be all for it. Like brakes, for instance. Or lights at night.

Realistically only D even vaguely approaches an approved colour scheme for cyclists apparel.
Take into account that the OP claims to be in excess of 60 and cycling on the pavements when the general rule of thumb is
two wheels and no stabilizers means throw them back on to the road whether or not there is oncoming traffic :thumbsdown:

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

I couldn't vote in the poll because there was no information with each helmet regarding their efficiency in a crash. It would , I think, be foolish to judge on looks alone. I suggest you shop around and demand a helmet with a proven track record of providing real on road crash
protection in a variety of scenarios, ie head on ,side on and rear end shunt etc., before purchasing.
All those pictured were supposed to conform to legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom