Cycling Hopes And Dreams 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm living in NRW, precisely Ruhr.

I'll hopefully be cycling through there (Along the Rhine from Düsseldorf to Stuttgart) in April 2023.

Yes, I read your previous posting. That's a statement. I admire this as I'm not able to do it. I know my limits. The more I appreciate it if someone else is capable doing this. Stay safe and healthy. 🙂👍

I think Köln is more realistic, but my half-Japanese kids want to sample the Japanese restaurants in Düsseldorf...

Which reminds me; I still need to build at least one bike for that trip.

Last edited:
You are building a bike by yourself? Wow! 😮

My Gravel is a Backroad from Rose in Bocholt. Perhaps you know it.

"Assembling", would be more accurate (German: Montieren) I work in a bike shop, so I have most of the bits on hand...

One of my cycling goals is to try and build at least a bike for one of my boys, and one for myself, mainly for this tour. My son's will be ready in a couple of weeks. I still have to find someone who can fix (löten) the bits on mine because I'm being fussy...

Gravel-Biker

"Assembling", would be more accurate (German: Montieren) I work in a bike shop, so I have most of the bits on hand...

One of my cycling goals is to try and build at least a bike for one of my boys, and one for myself, mainly for this tour. My son's will be ready in a couple of weeks. I still have to find someone who can fix (löten) the bits on mine because I'm being fussy...

If you've finished this I'd be glad to see a photo. Please tag me for that purpose (if you're willing to do this) so that I won't miss it. 🙂

Hebe

getting better all the time
My goal is to ride little and often throughout the year. I’d like to pick up some more veloviewer squares but that will be a mix of cycling and walking. I’m mulling over a cycle camping trip for the first time, and getting the train to somewhere that has Brompton hire. Mainly though I am keeping things small and achievable. Good luck everyone!

Jameshow

Veteran
I rode 4,500 mile including lejog in 2019 and I am ashamed to say that I have covered fewer miles each year since then. I am hoping to rectify this in 2023 and would also like to have a couple of outings with the tent during the year. I rather fancy the Coast & Castles ride in Northumberland too and visit places where my ancestors are from.

I did lejog in 2019 last week of June - 8 days.

You?

Imaginos

My imagined goals are 2500 miles(at least) and to bikepack the whole island where I live. About 70% is paved.

8ED71DB3-8F08-484F-B80F-E4C1F0EE8EB2.jpeg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Just simply to get out on my bikes more often again... Get the Brompton fixed, get 'Fox' and 'le Pug' seen too, have more rides on 'Clive' (ooh err!) and finally get that ancient bike, said to be a pre 1932 Humber, built up - I have a lot of pieces for it, I even have a Lucas Bell from 1928 and Carbide lamp for it, but it's been sat in my loft in pieces for yonks and I need to finally get that number on the frame identified. Knowing my luck, it's probably a 'Bitza Bike', but hey ho, that would make it just as interesting! ☺️

Last edited:
Top Bottom