Cycling Hopes And Dreams 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What are your cycling hopes and dreams for 2023?

I’m aiming to qualify for and ride Paris Brest Paris in August. It’s a 1200km audax cycling event over 4 days and has been running for over a 100 years. Like the olympics , it’s every four years. It’ll be my third time riding the event where I’ll expect to meet 8,000 cyclists from over 50 countries.

More generally my long distance fitness / endurance drifted in the pandemic years 2020/21. I’ve made some good strides to get it back to where it used to be, this year. I’d like to make further progress on my fitness , which will make the audaxing more fun, and less full value.

I’d also like to do another tour in September or October, maybe in the Netherlands.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
To make the most of my Genesis and spend as much time away pottering and camping in the UK as possible.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hoping to go back to France for some form of a cycle tour this year.
Will aim to get out as much as possible without making it a chore; so come on weather, please be kind THIS year :rolleyes:.
Most of all though, hoping to avoid injury and not get flattened by some self entitled nobber in a car.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I hope to do more of the cycling that I enjoy.

Lots of local rides with Ms AU.
Frequent train and bicycle adventures - train to Bristol, Exeter, Cheltenham, Cardiff and cycle home for example.
A four or five day cycle tour in Ireland visiting family.
A 10 day tour in the Netherlands visiting my son.

All quite slowly with frequent stops for tea and sandwiches.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just hope I'll still be able to continue with cycling through the year and dream of still being alive at the end of it.

Top Bottom