Cycling hopes and dreams for 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Minimum 6000 miles
To be able to keep up comfortably in a medium paced ride
Join a club again
Drop 25 kgs
Achieve a 400 watt FTP would also be a nice bonus šŸ§
Definitely two are achievable :okay:

Nebulous

Guru
Iā€™d like to do LEL and will pay my fee when it comes up. Iā€™m not confident Iā€™ll make it though. Iā€™ve had a few health niggles this year and my mileage is way down.

We're thinking of pedalling the length of the River Maas from its mouth in the North Sea, through Belgium to its source in France. Still have to think of a route to come back, probably down the Moselle and then the Rhine but I've done those before.

Any suggestions?
As an alternative to those great Rivers the Rhine and Moselle, an alternative tour back to the Uk could involve cycling down to Bruges then onwards to the ferry from Dunkirk. Let us know what you decide on, it sounds a great adventure !

Hebe

getting better all the time
I want to switch more of my shorter journeys from car or walking to cycling or bus.
Iā€™d like to do some longer rides with my daughter, especially when the weather starts improving.
I want to start getting her more confident with the idea of doing her own basic maintenance.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Get out with the Fridays for a few night rides.
I'd love it if my wife and I can get out to France to our friend's place and bimble round the Normandy lanes a bit. But who knows how easy/possible that will be.
Maybe do a 200k audax in the summer. I've not done one of those since 2018

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
More road riding this year. Got carried over leave that I'll use for longer rides as MrsF doesn't have the amount of days I have.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I thought that you had been banned from doing it by SWMBO, or had self-banned after your brush with the Grim Reaper? :whistle:

Started doing a bit of road early 2021, the boss wasn't too happy, but I'm not road riding during rush hour. Biggest was 150 mile return (over 2 days) to and from Wales in September

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
To find a horizontal tt bike with drops and DT shifters that I can modify easily just by dropping in an appropriate wheel and chain, and be able to use it on the damned hills around here...
Ah ... Top Tube! Doh :wacko:

I was wondering why someone would be looking for a Time Trial bike for the hills. And what exactly is a horizontal time trial bike?

Then the penny dropped.šŸ˜Š

Top Bottom