Cycling in Cornwall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
So booked a Cornwall holiday for next summer.
We'll be very close to the "mineral tramway" coast to coast route, and I wondered if anyone had ridden it.

Ihatehills

Yes, l live In Cornwall and have cycled the coast to coast a few times

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Yes, l live In Cornwall and have cycled the coast to coast a few times

What's the quality of the surface like? I was thinking of taking my cyclocross bike rather than my mountain bike.
Looks like there are quite a few other routes branching off it.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
I'd take the cross if I was you, I've done parts of it on my commute on my 25mm road bike but you need to concentrate and a MTB may be overkill, especially if you decide to slip off the trail to find some lunch somewhere or ride the coast down to St Ives or something.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We stayed near St Ives earlier this year. I was disappointed that (for various reasons) I couldn't take my bike...........................until I got there. Was I glad I hadn't taken it.........the hills there are serious and there are many many many of them.
Not my idea of enjoyment.

mark c

Über Member
IMG_6097.JPG
View attachment 110516 The whole family done it this year, me and youngest on a tandem, a great day out should be no problem on 25mm tires but there are loads of other tracks that will need a mtb. View attachment 110516 its even has nice signposts

Ihatehills

As others have said, the surface is pretty good for the major part, it gets a little rough for about a mile between bissoe and scorrier but even that's not terrible and the cx will be fine, not sure about some of the trails intersecting though.

Top Bottom