Cycling in Rhodes? Hire and equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Holiday is planned and booked, The Brewers are off to Rhodes Greece for a chilled two weeks in HOT August.

I have a cycling trip planned for September. Belfast to Dublin and home along the North Wales coast so want to do a little cycling to keep the legs moving whilst in Rhodes.

Staying in Ialyssos, was planning just to hire a cheap BSO and doing a bit of morning cycling exploring. Then I thought should I bring my helmet, gloves (oh yes) and what about bringing my pedals and seat. Okay seat might be getting a bit silly, but don't think I could cycle without clipless pedals.

Wondering what others do?

Sean

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Why not just go the hotel's gym and cycle on a turbo to keep your legs in good shape? Temperatures will be 35 degrees and above in August, too hot for a proper ride I think.

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Early morning will be okay-ish plus I hate turbo's. They're okay when the weathers awful, but not during the summer, winters bad enough.

Davos87

Guru
I was in Rhodes last September for two weeks and it was absolutely bloody mafting. Never known heat like it but then Im a fair skinned northerner! Depends how early you are going to set off but would wonder if you could carry enough water with you in that heat. Drank enough just strolling around. Love my cycling but kept saying to my wife wouldn't fancy it in this. Cycling I mean. Anyway enjoy your hol and good luck.

Top Bottom