Cycling in the wrong type of clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Some years ago on a warm sunny day Mrs Gti and I stopped on a canal bridge to take a break and enjoy the view of the supermarket trolleys and plastic bags. Along the road came an elderly couple on steel road bikes with saddle bags, wearing immaculate cycling kit; leather shoes, knee-length britches, tweed jackets and the gentleman a shirt and tie. Mrs Gti was swigging from her bottle and as they passed the elderly lady warbled: "I don't know why you're drinking all that... you'll only have to stop and get rid of it!"

Cyclists of that era still exist; you can meet them at the Clarion House just outside Nelson on a Sunday, enjoying their 50 pence pint of tea.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ridden to work today in skin tight drainpipes. Seemed bigger on the hanger. Could barely move my thighs.
Honestly, that is not a brilliant idea ... travelling in overtight trousers is what tourniqueted my left thigh, causing the DVT which almost killed me 4 years ago. My leg has never fully recovered and neither have my left lung or heart!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
When I was competing in a combat sport, running, and training in hot weather in sweat suits or sauna suits was a regular occurrence. Doing 10km in summer at local park in a sweat suit does get you odd looks.
Theres a chap, who looks like he is Nepali, who runs in our local park. 29 degrees and he has a scarf on.

Top Bottom