Cycling in Thunder and Lightning, very very...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
My commute home was interesting, constant thunder and lighting, hail, rain, flooded roads, darkness, the works really. I had a waterproof jacket and lights, oh and my all year round mudguards. By the end of my short but hilly five miles my shoes were actually full of water.

I must be mad but I loved every moment. My colleagues who drove home said they were scared!

My wife on the other hand, who called me several times to offer to pick me up was worried sick, I worried my son too so I probably need to stop being an idiot.

Lonestar

Veteran
Workmate yesterday couldn't believe I had cycled in that heat.Better than Monday though,I really did struggle.

classic33

Leg End Member
It can be fun when you find that for short periods your lights are useless, as the surrounding countryside can be seen as clear as day. That gone eleven at night.

classic33

Leg End Member
Dare I suggest an insulated hat, maybe something like polystyrene...
Carbon Fibre, with a fine copper mesh in it works even better.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I once rode home from work in a thunderstorm and as I was coming down towards Catford Broadway I got a simultaneous huge flash and extremely loud bang. Wherever it came down was extremely close indeed, and I nearly fell off in panic.

I'm sure my tyres would have saved me, of course.

Top Bottom