Cycling insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I'd add contents insurance to the buildings insurance but make sure you have enough cover for all your possessions. If underinsured they may refuse to pay out

Of the cycle specific companies, compare wiggle, eta, cycle guard

Or just get a really solid lock and put the insurance premium aside every month to get a new bike if needed

I would certainly get a policy offering third party and legal cover, BC, CTC, LCC or wiggle
This.....

Putting aside the same amount is a far more efficient way to go I just wish I could do the same for the car. Although it requires discipline not to touch the fund and of course if you are unlucky you may not have built up the fund sufficiently in the event of a need to cash in.

For my part, in 10 years of riding a decent priced bike (mtb or roadie) I have never had to claim on any policy I have had...I now have no insurance (outside ctc legal protection) ...I'm not even sure if ctc covers loss and damage.

I must sort that out.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks everyone, I only have buildings Mjray as I canceled contents while being made redundant last year and haven't got round to adding yet however from everyone's responses I'm going to look at adding contents on and have had a few quotes.

Is the British cycling thing worth the money If I have insurance already?

Thanks
Worth every penny to me as their legal company are sorting out a personal injury claim, been going on for nearly 2 years
I have the ride membership. No racing. Savings at halfords and chain reaction have more than covered the subs

Top Bottom