"Cycling" interview... Dresscode?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Claudia

Hi all.

So I am having the first of two job interviews this week with Decathlon. This one is for a position at the cycling department :hyper:

So I have a question and I am sure this is the right place to find an answer. What should I wear? I think, being a sporty environment, any trousers and tshirt would do, plain and easy. But then again I'm hardly ever right when it comes to job interviews and dress codes... And I do hate being formal!

So... Any tips? :reading:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A job interview means you dress smartly, not 'sporty'.

Would you go for an interview at a swimming baths wearing a swimsuit???

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Agree with above, even if the employer doesn't mind a relaxed dress code considering the environment, always show that you are willing to make an effort, if you can't do that for an Interview then........

If you get the job, they will probably let you know how they would like you to dress, it all depends on whether or not you will be interacting with the public or not. Good luck by the way.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
well, it is to work at a sports shop. should I wear heels and loads of makeup then? I'll be the perfect fit.
Will you tick any of their boxes by attending wearing sportswear as opposed to something more formal? I doubt it.
If you really want the job then you should aim to tick as many of their boxes as possible.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
well, it is to work at a sports shop. should I wear heels and loads of makeup then? I'll be the perfect fit.

Dressing smartly does not mean you have to go overboard. Smart trousers, blouse or jumper will be ok. Flat shoes if the job entails standing on your feet all day.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Dress smart for the interview but make a point about asking about the uniform (or dress code if you're not going to be front of house) and talking about your activities to show you recognise what they do. Every manager wants to think potential staff are taking thing sensibly and maturely and they tend to believe a smart set of clothes proves that.

Unless I'm wrong, I've never interviewed for a job at Decathlon.

Would dress smart ... not casual
Think they wear blue polo n jeans/trousers on the shop floor !
Best of luck.. :thumbsup:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Not loads of make-up. Look smart. If I were in charge of a department selling bikes, and was about to interview a female member of staff, I'd like to take on someone who looked down to earth enough to be a cyclist (so no stilettos and avoid loads of slap), but also someone who could look feminine enough to give the impression to newbie female potential customers that you don't have to be/look macho to want to ride a bike. So smart, and possibly a skirt or (if you prefer trousers) something that is a blouse rather than a 'shirt'. Proper shoes, not trainers.

But then I've never interviewed anyone for a job in a cycling department!

Top Bottom