"Cycling" interview... Dresscode?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's not the same, but I was amazed the other day when I found you can still spend £5,000 on a Raleigh!
I thought they had gone down the BSO route.

No, they have upped their game a heck of a lot, getting some great reviews too. But that little bit of stigma is still there.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
It's not the same, but I was amazed the other day when I found you can still spend £5,000 on a Raleigh!
I thought they had gone down the BSO route.
I saw a Raleigh Militis in a shop window last week & was quite shocked, it had a fantastic paint job.

However it was also aluminium (not a bad thing) but with ugly welds & a low spec groupset & finishing kit.

To top it off it was £1500 > yes fifteen hundred GBP not £150.

I really don't know how they could charge that.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I saw a Raleigh Militis in a shop window last week & was quite shocked, it had a fantastic paint job.

However it was also aluminium (not a bad thing) but with ugly welds & a low spec groupset & finishing kit.

To top it off it was £1500 > yes fifteen hundred GBP not £150.

I really don't know how they could charge that.
Spec is about right for the price point.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
which Decathalon are you going to?
Once you have the job you can start stealing bikes one piece at a time, and then rebuilding them at home, a bit like Johnny Cash did!

God, I love that song.

spookily I've just put this youtube clip into another thread and then clicked into this one; Just for JtM

Have you heard the Michelle Shocked version of it, quite a bit faster but it really hits the spot too.

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/bicycle-component-interchangeability.158803/#post-3140912

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

You do know a lot about Decathlon Claudia & I am after an FDJ jersey once the Garmin Sharp kit is bought (my 5th different Garmin kit) so good to know they stock it.

I think (not sure about this one) they sponsor FDJ. But don't waste your time looking for it in store - you'll find little or none at all. They have it online though. Pricey ish too!

Top Bottom