"Cycling" interview... Dresscode?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

it's all over now. the group interview was wicked! great group of people. got through to a second stage, had a one to one interview and yesterday I got an email saying someone else got the job. best of luck for them! I would have to turn it down as the pay was just as bad as the other one :sad:
It's not their fault tho. Jobs in London are a rat race, everyone will work for half a dozen of pennies so companies don't have any urge of rising wages. I have been looking for a new job for about 2 months now and only found a couple that pay more than mine. Sad but true!

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
it's all over now. the group interview was wicked! great group of people. got through to a second stage, had a one to one interview and yesterday I got an email saying someone else got the job. best of luck for them! I would have to turn it down as the pay was just as bad as the other one :sad:
It's not their fault tho. Jobs in London are a rat race, everyone will work for half a dozen of pennies so companies don't have any urge of rising wages. I have been looking for a new job for about 2 months now and only found a couple that pay more than mine. Sad but true!
:hugs:and all the best finding something. I've been going for loads of interviews/working trials recently and I'm moving to Derbyshire on Monday to start work at Edale YHA-went for an interview for a permanent position, and they ended up offering me a seasonal one. It runs till the end of October but they've hinted they might extend it and there are always lots of chef jobs going anyway. I know only too well how the whole application shebang can make you want to:banghead::banghead:though.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Have you considered moving?
I only ask as I used to live in London and the cost of living was horrendous. I moved to N Staffs (not suggesting this as an option) and although I earned £6k pa less I had more disposable income as my rent was about 1/3 of my London rent, transport was cheaper (although not as plentiful) and my home & car insurance went through the floor!
I live in Norfolk now and it's just so so so much cheaper. If I want to go to London for a visit (family etc), it's 90 minutes on the train.

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

Have you considered moving?
I only ask as I used to live in London and the cost of living was horrendous. I moved to N Staffs (not suggesting this as an option) and although I earned £6k pa less I had more disposable income as my rent was about 1/3 of my London rent, transport was cheaper (although not as plentiful) and my home & car insurance went through the floor!
I live in Norfolk now and it's just so so so much cheaper. If I want to go to London for a visit (family etc), it's 90 minutes on the train.

Yes, I have! It might happen anytime in the next year and half to 2 years if everything goes according to plan. Heading to the North East of England. I've had more than enough of London now...

Saluki

Yes, I have! It might happen anytime in the next year and half to 2 years if everything goes according to plan. Heading to the North East of England. I've had more than enough of London now...
Heck of a move! Good luck with it. I hear that the surfing is better up there than in London ^_^ A much friendlier place all around than London.

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

Heck of a move! Good luck with it. I hear that the surfing is better up there than in London ^_^ A much friendlier place all around than London.

Anywhere is friendlier than London. Apart from Ipswich. Found it the dullest place I've ever been to, in the UK.

Saluki

God, I love that song.
It was on Steve Wright's Non Stop Oldies the other day. Naturally he yabbered on over it, as he does over everything half decent.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
[QUOTE 3140559, member: 259"]Me too. It reminds me of all my uncles and other relatives who worked at the Raleigh factory in Nottingham. :whistle:[/QUOTE]
Wish that place was still running with it's Special Division (what was it called again) where they made the light weight & race bikes.

It's just not the same firm in Taiwan

Top Bottom