"Cycling" interview... Dresscode?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

Good luck with stage two. You do sound like the Decathlon equivalent of a Stobart spotter though :-)

I finally got to a Decathlon for the first time last Saturday (on our way to the Nocturne) to buy a cheap work stand. It was the Surrey Quays one. I really liked it, although all the people riding bikes around the store was a bit odd. My wife is tempted to go back and see how big the bib shorts go.

thanks!

yeah, that's the one I'll be at IF...

same thing today. I guess kids go in there just to ride the bikes really. I almost rode into a wall when I was testing mine... the joys of going from mountain to road bikes and forgetting the brakes are *slightly* further away... :blush:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Bit late to the party but sounds promising. You must let us know how you get on, I expect if they do offer it today I may be able to here your squeals of delight down here in Cornwall.

I love decathlon but funnily not been to a UK one lol

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

Bit late to the party but sounds promising. You must let us know how you get on, I expect if they do offer it today I may be able to here your squeals of delight down here in Cornwall.

I love decathlon but funnily not been to a UK one lol

I'll keep you all posted :smile:

I've been to UK, Portugal and France decathlon. Clearly a winner! :biggrin:

Best of luck... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

I guess I screwed up.

I wasn't exactly as comfortable as yesterday. The store manager was quite an initimidating guy...

He gave me a list to go around the shop with in 10 min and note down 3 things I like and dislike about the shop floor and the same for the cycling department. Not an issue, I'd say.
Then he gave me a section to reorganise - to see how much I look into detail. I am used to it at my current job so it shouldn't be an issue either.

Then the standard questions. It's when he asked me "what's your dream?", I kinda blocked.

I hate this type of questions and can never make anything up quick enough to get back at it. I should have said "working for decathlon" but I was on my way back home when I realised that...

Someone else might get lucky tho :sad:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I guess I screwed up.

I wasn't exactly as comfortable as yesterday. The store manager was quite an initimidating guy...

He gave me a list to go around the shop with in 10 min and note down 3 things I like and dislike about the shop floor and the same for the cycling department. Not an issue, I'd say.
Then he gave me a section to reorganise - to see how much I look into detail. I am used to it at my current job so it shouldn't be an issue either.

Then the standard questions. It's when he asked me "what's your dream?", I kinda blocked.

I hate this type of questions and can never make anything up quick enough to get back at it. I should have said "working for decathlon" but I was on my way back home when I realised that...

Someone else might get lucky tho :sad:

All is not lost. Did he say you didn't get the job? If the answef is no, then it isn't over until you get a letter saying so.

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

All is not lost. Did he say you didn't get the job? If the answef is no, then it isn't over until you get a letter saying so.

He said what all managers say "we still have a few people to see, we'll get in touch by the weekend."

The guy I saw yesterday said he would call me today or tomorrow but I seriously doubt it. Seen and heard it all before.

Top Bottom