Cycling is bad for the environment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Clarkson is, like K Hopkins and similar, a professional troll. It’s how he keeps his name in the public consciousness, occasionally spouting out some patently confrontational nonsense. A couple of weeks ago he was tweeting directly to the police that there was no need for lengthy road closures to facilitate evidence gathering just because someone had died in an RTC.

He knows he’s talking shoot but it’s all about the reaction it generates. He lives off that.
Best thing to do is ignore him, don’t give him the oxygen he’s so desperate for.
Yup, that was appalling. All the hardcore fanboys who think the Beeb should have kept him on are so wrong.

tom73

Guru
And to think he got to have the 1st ever Paddington bear.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yup, that was appalling. All the hardcore fanboys who think the Beeb should have kept him on are so wrong.

Morally I'm with you, bit it was a dreadful commercial decision. The TG brand was a vast money spinner for the beeb with overseas sales, merchandising, etc, and 80% of that income evaporated within a year. Now the pensioners are paying to make up the shortfall.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes, as @Drago says that was really a cr@p commercial decision to get rid of him. His attitude chimes with a lot of petrol heads which is why he's so popular with them.

Milzy

Guru
I enjoyed Top gear as a young man. Now it’s time he just crawled away to his fancy estate & died with some dignity as far as I’m concerned.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I enjoyed Top gear as a young man. Now it’s time he just crawled away to his fancy estate & died with some dignity as far as I’m concerned.
He jettisoned all dignity a long time ago, in favour of seeking a reaction. Very much in the spirit of the times, in my opinion.

Drago

Legendary Member
Bring back William Woollard I say. At least in those days it was about cars and not about speed, doing insane things and inflating egos instead of tyres.

Woolard was a nodder. I remember one episode where he described a 150MPH Honda VFR750 as "Lethal", and five minutes later a 160MPH Lotus as "good for the British car industry.". Chump.

Top Bottom