Cycling Jersey.. Yay or Nay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Are they only for club riders / serious speed demons? Not commuting / pleasure cyclists like me.. ?

I never thought I'd like one, but then I saw this:
Rosie-the-Riveter---Women-s-Short-Sleeve-Cycle-Jersey81.jpg

And I'd be seriously tempted - if they had my size.. Rosie the riveter is a huge icon in the rockabilly scene which I am part of, I have the tattoo's and general style of clothes in 'life' so it appeals to me to reflect a bit of this when cycling. I think this might have to be a goal for next spring / summer. Even if only worn on special rides! ;)

Do you wear cycle shirts / jerseys? For all rides or long / special or club rides only?

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
What are you wearing now if not a jersey?
I have cheap cheerful aldi/ lidl ones for commute, then a couple of nice ones (including Team Sky- there I said it) for like you said special rides/ Sunday outings.
Go for it- looks good!

Ganymede

Veteran
Are they only for club riders / serious speed demons? Not commuting / pleasure cyclists like me.. ?

And I'd be seriously tempted - if they had my size.. Rosie the riveter is a huge icon in the rockabilly scene which I am part of, I have the tattoo's and general style of clothes in 'life' so it appeals to me to reflect a bit of this when cycling. I think this might have to be a goal for next spring / summer. Even if only worn on special rides! ;)

Do you wear cycle shirts / jerseys? For all rides or long / special or club rides only?
Hot damn, Batgirl, I'd go for it!

I cycle wearing work clothes or just general sporty wear at weekends so can't be questioned about jerseys, but this is a corker!

HovR

Über Member
The back pockets are useful for your phone, keys, money etc without the annoyance of having them in pockets on your trousers/shorts (which will be non existent of you're wearing lycra).

I'd say go for it just for that!

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Wear a jersey whenever you want. They are normally pretty practical, made with wicking material and have rear pockets and they are not always as tight as the ones racing snakes wear. Your quandary should be will a helmet ruin my flattop.......:whistle:
haha I've just cut bettie bangs into my hair (so no quiffs for a while).. but am not wearing a helmet at the moment.. that might change if I get fast enough or hit the roads mind you.

yeah the tightness would be a consideration (big busted n' curvy girl is my figure type) - will wait for size ;) or me to shrink enough.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Hot damn, Batgirl, I'd go for it!

I cycle wearing work clothes or just general sporty wear at weekends so can't be questioned about jerseys, but this is a corker!
haha you guys are NOT helping my urge to buy! lol if they had my size it'd be mine - and worth more than my bike.
:whistle::laugh:

Ganymede

Veteran
haha you guys are NOT helping my urge to buy! lol if they had my size it'd be mine - and worth more than my bike.
:whistle::laugh:
:laugh:
You think you're here for advice but you're here to be corrupted! :evil:

I have a really fab turquoise t-shirt dress I bought on Venice beach with a huge bit of comic art-work on it - deep-sea diver being attacked by a giant octopus - I wear it for cycling and feel it brightens everyone's day!

theclaud

Openly Marxist

@User13710 of this forum has one of those. She wore it on one of the toughest legs of our club ride from London to John O'Groats in 2012. It's a great one for a group ride and it looks good. Having a jersey that makes you feel good riding your bike is a good idea whatever kind of cyclist you are.

Top Bottom