Cycling Jersey.. Yay or Nay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul99

Über Member
haha I just had to google Bradley Wiggins. :shy:

You had to google Sir Brad!! Have you been living in a batcave?!^_^

RE: the jersey question. You should wear what you like and what you feel comfortable in. The only rule as far as I am concerned is that you get out on your bike.
I think the jersey is great.

Peteaud

Veteran
Yes buy it.

I normally wear either a DUFF Beer, or Heinz Beans top.

foska-duff-beer-classic-jersey.jpg

ScotiaLass

Guru
Well done on your progress! You must be thrilled and proud - you should be!
I hit 3.2 on Thursday so I'm pleased with that - I know it'll come as part of what is wearing me out is seat height = knees not feeling too good but until I get my cycle away / balance sorted I am worried about putting up my seat height. Thinking about putting it up a tiny bit at a time so I don't really notice!

As a powerlifter I've trained for progression - so even 2.5kg is still moving toward a bigger goal - so am trying to apply that to my cycling ;).

Thanks :smile: I've been wearing lycra and cotton capri length pants and a cotton baggy tshirt - mostly baseball style as that's what I like. But normally in the summer / spring train in a vest top so was thinking that something cooling / wicking would be good.
I will most likely wait till next year to treat myself to a nice top and stick to hoodies for winter if I'm honest! lol I don't ride horses in more than a hoodie over the winter months as get warm so figured that'd be about right for cycling.. maybe even just a long sleeved tee.

Glad I'm not alone in baggy tee's!

It took me a good few months of small adjustments to the seat,(and a change of seat!) to get it spot on. It will happen!
My younger daughter (19) rides (the eldest daughter, (28) rode for the Army as part of her job - mounted musician).
She always wears hoodies and jodhpurs as that's what she finds the most comfortable!

I ride in a vest top in the summer...cooling and comfy!
For the autumn I use a wicking top (runners top, a size bigger, 'cos I like them baggy) or a MTB top. I rarely use a fitted one now but I like the pockets!
I cycled through all of last winter, minus January and some of February, and found a micro fleece and a lightweight jacket ideal.
Saying that, we're a hardy bunch here in Scotland :laugh:

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
You had to google Sir Brad!! Have you been living in a batcave?!^_^

RE: the jersey question. You should wear what you like and what you feel comfortable in. The only rule as far as I am concerned is that you get out on your bike.
I think the jersey is great.
haha sadly my bat cave hasn't had many cycles in it or on the TV for that matter.. I'll be better and try and amend that - says she who is thinking the olympics and commonwealth games were likely a good opportunity for this.. a missed opportunity but a good one nether the less.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
I think in retrospect I may get a 'cool t-shirt' for cycling, then look at a proper wicking one in the spring. By them I hope to be smaller and therefore likely to feel better about my image in it. :tongue:
Maybe my birthday fairy will bring me one a tad early! ;) there are some very cool ones out there I must admit.

ScotiaLass

Guru
haha sadly my bat cave hasn't had many cycles in it or on the TV for that matter.. I'll be better and try and amend that - says she who is thinking the olympics and commonwealth games were likely a good opportunity for this.. a missed opportunity but a good one nether the less.
I love cycling and my bikes, but apart from watching a couple of hours worth of the TDF, I hate watching it on tv!
It's one of things I'd rather be doing than watching.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
It took me a good few months of small adjustments to the seat,(and a change of seat!) to get it spot on. It will happen!
My younger daughter (19) rides (the eldest daughter, (28) rode for the Army as part of her job - mounted musician).
She always wears hoodies and jodhpurs as that's what she finds the most comfortable!

I ride in a vest top in the summer...cooling and comfy!
For the autumn I use a wicking top (runners top, a size bigger, 'cos I like them baggy) or a MTB top. I rarely use a fitted one now but I like the pockets!
I cycled through all of last winter, minus January and some of February, and found a micro fleece and a lightweight jacket ideal.
Saying that, we're a hardy bunch here in Scotland :laugh:

Mountain bike tops are a bit looser - good thing :smile: You could put base layers under there in the winter too.. Might look at those! lol

I've got a micro fleece gilet that figured might be good - very bright too so should be good for the bike.
I'm a western rider so in the summer ride in plaid shirts and jeans or t-shirts n' jeans.. and in the winter a hoodie and jeans! ;)

ScotiaLass

Guru
Mountain bike tops are a bit looser - good thing :smile: You could put base layers under there in the winter too.. Might look at those! lol

I've got a micro fleece gilet that figured might be good - very bright too so should be good for the bike.
I'm a western rider so in the summer ride in plaid shirts and jeans or t-shirts n' jeans.. and in the winter a hoodie and jeans! ;)
Ah cool! My son-in-law is a farrier (Army) and also has his own business and shoes for a local western riding club near him

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I got a couple of jerseys from an ebay trader that seems to have stopped trading. They are pre-loved but still decent. But my top 2 are: 2 Endinburgh bicycle cooperative; 1 Cyclechat.
Looking forward to getting another Cyclechat jersey if someone does a team kit order again.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think in retrospect I may get a 'cool t-shirt' for cycling, then look at a proper wicking one in the spring. By them I hope to be smaller and therefore likely to feel better about my image in it. :tongue:
Maybe my birthday fairy will bring me one a tad early! ;) there are some very cool ones out there I must admit.

Seriously.. No one (well cyclists anyway) cares what you wear or look like. If you like the jersey (I also think it's fab) then buy and wear.

Top Bottom