Cycling Jersey.. Yay or Nay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
+1 to what Ian said.

Given where I live, and how I feel some of the time, I'm after this shirt:

Munch_The%20Scream.jpg

And, anyway, who cares what others think? :hello: (not the hello wave).

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I wear a jersey on most rides. If I'm having a really 'fat' day I pop a tee shirt over as it makes me feel happier. Those rear pockets are invaluable for riding. Phone goes in, iPod goes in, jellybabies, etc etc

Saluki

World class procrastinator
you're right :smile: and it's part of the appeal too - I used to run years ago but have a dropped arch at the moment so running is out - I tried - Cycling doesn't seem to affect it. I must admit I'm not a great cyclist as never really did so as a kid and it's been 22 years gap since last bike, but I'm really enoying. I am having to concentrate a lot but I know that'll pass and being outdoors -without an unpredictable horse under me- is a bonus. :smile:
I was suprirsed my fitness / strength is helping I kind of expected to be worse than I am so it's all good.

A Cycle jersey won't match my bike (apart from the yellow) but hey.. maybe I'll live by the N+1 you all go on about next year. :laugh:
You sound like a lot of us on here. Bikes being more predictable than horses, no longer running, want to shift a bit of timber.
I'm an ex runner an my last horse turned up his hooves earlier this year. My bike is my salvation for fitness. I'm not a gym bunny but I do do some bodyweight exercises from time to time for fitness.

Oh, that top you want to buy is awesome. Just go for it.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
You sound like a lot of us on here. Bikes being more predictable than horses, no longer running, want to shift a bit of timber.
I'm an ex runner an my last horse turned up his hooves earlier this year. My bike is my salvation for fitness. I'm not a gym bunny but I do do some bodyweight exercises from time to time for fitness.

Oh, that top you want to buy is awesome. Just go for it.
I'm in great company then :smile: appreciate the support about the top and starting cycling :smile:

Or one for Batgirl:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtuoxAa2lqMrHaAUUlSwCrF8N7BEuJPPRaMmucv6vQ6jAURO5Dwg.jpg

Learnincurve

Effyb4

Veteran
Are they only for club riders / serious speed demons? Not commuting / pleasure cyclists like me.. ?

I never thought I'd like one, but then I saw this:
Rosie-the-Riveter---Women-s-Short-Sleeve-Cycle-Jersey81.jpg

And I'd be seriously tempted - if they had my size.. Rosie the riveter is a huge icon in the rockabilly scene which I am part of, I have the tattoo's and general style of clothes in 'life' so it appeals to me to reflect a bit of this when cycling. I think this might have to be a goal for next spring / summer. Even if only worn on special rides! ;)

Do you wear cycle shirts / jerseys? For all rides or long / special or club rides only?

I love that jersey.:wub: Where did you see it? I love the forties and fifties look. I've even had a go at the jive.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Be interesting to hear how you find them...I'm a sceptic about buying from china...yet most of our stuff comes from there these days.

Top Bottom