Cycling Jersey.. Yay or Nay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
That Jersey is pretty awesome fair play. Anything goes in my mind, even team racing jersey's, despite the popular opinion on here that they should only be for Pro's!

Lycra jersey's are meant be fitted, so no matter what size you are, we all show our lumps and bumps. It doesn't even enter my head that someone may look bigger in one, although did feel self conscious about myself on starting out. Weird things we are. Accept everyone except ourselves!

Slightly off topic, but went through Pinged on my mystery tour today.! Which ends up in Pembrey. Loads of riders on horseback that way. Do you keep yours up there? What's the general opinion of a cyclist from a horserider's point of view? I guess we are the closest thing to you guys?
Hi :smile: Yes I keep my horse in Pembrey. It's also where i am doing my cycling :smile:

There was a Triathlon on today locally were you doing that ?

I think as a horse person largely cyclists are seen in the same 'camp' as us, highly abused by car drivers. :sad:
Some horses have issues with bikes though so worth bearing in mind, but as long as they hear you (rider and horse) then you're doing your best.

bpsmith

Veteran
Hi :smile: Yes I keep my horse in Pembrey. It's also where i am doing my cycling :smile:

There was a Triathlon on today locally were you doing that ?

I think as a horse person largely cyclists are seen in the same 'camp' as us, highly abused by car drivers. :sad:
Some horses have issues with bikes though so worth bearing in mind, but as long as they hear you (rider and horse) then you're doing your best.

I wasn't doing the triathlon unfortunately. Always fancied doing one, but my knees won't let me run and I am a rubbish swimmer to say the least!

I feel the same in reverse. I said hello to all the people on horseback, without a second thought. A few of them looked surprised though, hence the question. The freewheel on my Zonda wheels is very loud, so balanced a very light cadence at slower speed when passing, just in case. A bet that was overkill though and the horses were thinking, there goes another plonker who thinks I need them to pussy foot around me. Lol.

Learnincurve

Trouble is their sizing doesn't seem to relate to anything. As they tend to be petite people, I'm tempted to go for the biggest they do in the hope that it might at least not be skin tight :smile:

Ohh in that case I can help you by stealing the picture from the same shirt in a different colour that I bought.

59735F0F5C3A7801886882F18BED5B8C6210_zpsd18ec6c5.jpg

Ganymede

Veteran
I fancied getting this because it is completely mad. But no idea how their sizing works. It's another one from China and they didn't get back to me. They're probably still rolling on the floor having been given my measurements :shy:
321457854886_0.jpg
I love that shirt.
Ohh in that case I can help you by stealing the picture from the same shirt in a different colour that I bought.

OMG what colour?

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
I have a Heinz Tomato Ketchup Jersey and a Pukka Pies "King of the Pies" Jersey (made by Foska.com) I refuse to be a team kit imposter:headshake:
foska-king-of-the-pies-jersey.jpg
foska-heinz-tomato-ketchup-jersey.jpg

bpsmith

Veteran
I have a Heinz Tomato Ketchup Jersey and a Pukka Pies "King of the Pies" Jersey (made by Foska.com) I refuse to be a team kit imposter:headshake: View attachment 54836 View attachment 54834

Like both of those!

Fail to see how wearing team kit makes someone an imposter though? Do you think everyone in team kit thinks they are a pro then?

I love the continual contradiction by a number of members where they say where what feels comfortable and what you like...and then post crap like that. Rather hypocritical! ;)

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Like both of those!

Fail to see how wearing team kit makes someone an imposter though? Do you think everyone in team kit thinks they are a pro then?

I love the continual contradiction by a number of members where they say where what feels comfortable and what you like...and then post crap like that. Rather hypocritical! ;)

Steady on chap, *it's only a bit of light hearted fun, Myself at 18 stone there is no way on this earth that I would look good in team kit, personally I like the fun side of the Jersey's I wear, If you want to wear team kit and look like a pro then good on yer! :cheers:

Edit, the team kit imposter came from TDF commentary, any "imposters" found riding the TDF course in team kit while the race was on would get arrested and fined.

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
Steady on chap, *it's only a bit of light hearted fun, Myself at 18 stone there is no way on this earth that I would look good in team kit, personally I like the fun side of the Jersey's I wear, If you want to wear team kit and look like a pro then good on yer! :cheers:

Edit, the team kit imposter came from TDF commentary, any "imposters" found riding the TDF course in team kit while the race was on would get arrested and fined.

No worries. :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
My jersey arrived from stolen goat, very efficient despite using yodel. Think it's a bit big especially as I am trying to lose weight, so will order the next size down. For you bustier ladies out there (I.e not me) I think it would be a very good cut

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
My jersey arrived from stolen goat, very efficient despite using yodel. Think it's a bit big especially as I am trying to lose weight, so will order the next size down. For you bustier ladies out there (I.e not me) I think it would be a very good cut
Good to know thanks :smile:

Top Bottom