Cycling Jersey.. Yay or Nay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Go for it!! I wear full Lycra and I'm very much on the large side and I look like like the Michelin man (well in my case girl!) but I don't care it's what I'm most comfortable in on the bike! Love the jersey by the way!

Thanks, :smile: You look great in your avatar! :smile: Loving the purple too - I was looking at a purple long sleeved top in Halfords yesterday. Really nice for winter wear - think it was a micro-fleece type material.

Ganymede

Veteran
Thanks, :smile: You look great in your avatar! :smile: Loving the purple too - I was looking at a purple long sleeved top in Halfords yesterday. Really nice for winter wear - think it was a micro-fleece type material.
For winter: merino ski base layer tops. Oh yes. Next to the skin, warm, light, non-stinky! Quite pricey but I wouldn't be without mine, especially the 100 rather than the 120 weight. I think you can get cycle-specific ones but as I ski I have them anyway. No comic book designs though!

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
For winter: merino ski base layer tops. Oh yes. Next to the skin, warm, light, non-stinky! Quite pricey but I wouldn't be without mine, especially the 100 rather than the 120 weight. I think you can get cycle-specific ones but as I ski I have them anyway. No comic book designs though!

Thanks for the tip :smile: I can live without comic book designs.. only have one tee so far so not 'really' out there when it comes to comic stuff. lol

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've only got one "proper" cycling jersey - all the rest are plain old technical tees. Other than design, I honestly don't think it makes much difference, unless you're someone who can bear to have anything in the pockets :headshake:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Are they only for club riders / serious speed demons? Not commuting / pleasure cyclists like me.. ?

I never thought I'd like one, but then I saw this:
Rosie-the-Riveter---Women-s-Short-Sleeve-Cycle-Jersey81.jpg

And I'd be seriously tempted - if they had my size.. Rosie the riveter is a huge icon in the rockabilly scene which I am part of, I have the tattoo's and general style of clothes in 'life' so it appeals to me to reflect a bit of this when cycling. I think this might have to be a goal for next spring / summer. Even if only worn on special rides! ;)

Do you wear cycle shirts / jerseys? For all rides or long / special or club rides only?

I`m going to get the wife this for Christmas. Love it :highfive:

Also.. when she opens it and tries it on i`ll say "WOW! looks great on you, but it wont look right wearing that on your Carrera Subway... you need a road bike"...

Just sowing the seeds for my first road bike next Spring :thanks:

Ganymede

Veteran
You could give Machiavelli a few lessons, you devil!

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
I have a Heinz Tomato Ketchup Jersey and a Pukka Pies "King of the Pies" Jersey (made by Foska.com) I refuse to be a team kit imposter:headshake: View attachment 54836 View attachment 54834

Where you get theses from?

And when it comes to team wear I think that it's just like wearing your teams footy top.........it looks cool.

Although I saw two guys in team sky gear wobbling about on the pavement while I was out last month.

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Where you get theses from?

And when it comes to team wear I think that it's just like wearing your teams footy top.........it looks cool.

Although I saw two guys in team sky gear wobbling about on the pavement while I was out last month.
www.ChainReactionCycles.com sell them as do other online cycle shops, or buy direct from the manufacturer www.foska.com

Team kit, when your 18stone, and ride an Halfords bike at an av speed of 12.5mph is bad enough, let alone looking an even bigger idiot wearing Team kit which I doubt come in 52" chest size :laugh::laugh:

bpsmith

Veteran
I really fault I see the link between team kit and being an imposter!?!

How often do you see the Pro's around your way guys? Scratch that, when was the last time you saw a Team jersey and looked real hard to see if they were a Pro? ;)

Top Bottom