Cycling jerseys with a more relaxed fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
Morning all.

Being of a slightly portly disposition, I find your average cycling jersey to be too tight and uncomfortable.

I want short sleeves, and pockets on the back, but with a baggier cut. Being aerodynamic is of no interest (or use!).

Any recommendations re' manufacturers?

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Fat lad at the back?
Altura offer a ‘relaxed’ fit or similar as do Pearl Izumi for example both in larger sizes. Maybe also Endura. Take a look at their actual websites rather than a retailer for said info

Eg https://www.pearlizumi.co.uk/men-s-quest-jersey
https://www.pearlizumi.com/GB/en_GB/shop/men/jerseys/road/mens_select_tour_jersey/p/11121707

Or filtered on relaxed
https://www.altura.co.uk/products/mens/clothing/jerseys/?f=producttype:127_fit:215&page=1

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I have trouble getting jerseys and t shirts that arent too tight around my upper arms, and between the back of my shoulders. I can go 2 or 3 sizes too big (although XXXL isnt that easy to find) but then they just hang off me everywhere else.

If anyone knows of a manufacturers that doesn't just cater for racing snakes or Lard-O's then I'd be genuinely interested.

Endura Humvee, some of the Gore C3 jerseys are a looser fit and check out Evans own make, some of them can be looser, plus they sell the other two so you can kill 3 birds with one visit.

The trouble with modern jerseys is they all have elasticated bottoms to stop flap, which tends to emphasise any lumps before you get to the bottom. Old style retro jersey on ebay don't have this so are also worth a look.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cycology gear has a much more relaxed fit. Great customer service too. So order a couple of sizes and return the one you don't need,
They do have'relaxed' sizes though I do find their 'performance' fit are not too tight either.

Edit: See someone else has already posted.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
For the record, I'm just large-boned - not fat. Ok?:boxing:

Seriously though I'm 6'2" and an XL for normal clothes, but I'm about a stone overweight so the tummy sticks out a bit and tight cycling jerseys aren't an attractive look on a man of my age.

Those colours on the Cycology ones are a bit too exciting for my taste, but I've pulled the trigger on an Altura one. At seventeen squids what's not to like ^_^.

Thanks for your input folks. Mucho appreciated as always.

:hello:

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Just goes to show how severe the mark up is on cycling kit.
Normally £49.99 but now selling for £17.49
Cycling kit manufactures must be making an absolute mint selling overpriced gear to people with more money than sense.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just goes to show how severe the mark up is on cycling kit.
Normally £49.99 but now selling for £17.49
Cycling kit manufactures must be making an absolute mint selling overpriced gear to people with more money than sense.
It’s an older model hence the reduction. Some people like to have the latest version, and are happy to pay that while it’s in stock

Top Bottom