Cycling Mikey and third party reporting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And in a real turn-up for the books, even a reporter from the notoriously-cyclist-hating DM appears to be on his side (piece linked in that twitter thread)!
Yup - I was surprised by that
I was dreading looking at the comments - but there were none on that story - which was also a surprise

Is it possible that most of the cyclists calling Mikey rude names are part of the weird British animosity to "grasses"?
I hoped I left behind in the playground ...
'some relatives' have been known to say "well you just don;t grass on people"

including when someone threw a fire bomb at a house opposite to them during a kids party

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It was OK becuase the morons had put the petrol in a plastic bottle and threw it at a double glazed window - and the petrol landed on concrete

but YEA GODS I would grass on them in under a microsecond

what do they think we pay the Police for with our taxes!!!

honestly - I despair of some people!

Alex321

Veteran
Is it possible that most of the cyclists calling Mikey rude names are part of the weird British animosity to "grasses"?
I hoped I left behind in the playground ...
I don't think so, because most of the people criticising him are not criticising the fact he reports these bad drivers.

Not that many are calling him rude names, though a few are suggesting he "needs help", which AFAIK none of them are qualified to say, and if they were appropriately qualified, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be saying it based on a few videos.

'some relatives' have been known to say "well you just don;t grass on people"

including when someone threw a fire bomb at a house opposite to them during a kids party

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It was OK becuase the morons had put the petrol in a plastic bottle and threw it at a double glazed window - and the petrol landed on concrete

but YEA GODS I would grass on them in under a microsecond

what do they think we pay the Police for with our taxes!!!

honestly - I despair of some people!
Me too but if you think that's a good comparison then it's pointless trying to explain why some might dislike HOW he conducts his public heroics.

When I read this case, it made me laugh that people are ranting about Mikey the "vigilante":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-60140865
A man has been cleared of the manslaughter of a suspected burglar following a citizen's arrest.

Nathan Smith, 38, was found not guilty by a jury at Bristol Crown Court after pinning Craig Wiltshire, 43, to the ground on 20 November 2019.

Mr Wiltshire lost consciousness after Mr Smith knelt on his back for nine minutes while performing a citizen's arrest in a suburb of Bristol.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Also read about that. You may also be aware of the guy who used his car to run over and kill a violent ex husband who was stabbing his ex to death in Maida Vale just this week. These are the real vigilantes.

Also read about that. You may also be aware of the guy who used his car to run over and kill a violent ex husband who was stabbing his ex to death in Maida Vale just this week. These are the real vigilantes.
I don't think that this man was a vigilante in any accepted sense of the term. He saw a man stabbing a woman and tried to stop him during the act by driving at him. A tragic outcome but certainly not vigilantism.

Top Bottom