Cycling Mikey and third party reporting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its funny how many people have said they'll give him a slap, both in real life and through a keyboard. But no one ever has.
I'm sure the time will come when he picks on the wrong person, for example a stolen car with lads who won't give a t*ss about a camera wearing middle aged bloke reporting them, or maybe someone out for revenge on a motorcycle with no plates waiting for an opportunity to follow him home, or someone who has been paid to dish out some retribution on behalf of a bitter law breaker.

He treads a dangerous path in my humble, unimportant opinion.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm sure the time will come when he picks on the wrong person, for example a stolen car with lads who won't give a t*ss about a camera wearing middle aged bloke reporting them, or maybe someone out for revenge on a motorcycle with no plates waiting for an opportunity to follow him home, or someone who has been paid to dish out some retribution on behalf of a bitter law breaker.

He treads a dangerous path in my humble, unimportant opinion.

And I respect your opinion Shep. It would be very easy for you, me and anyone, not just Mikey to come across a complete and utter nutcaase like Kenneth Noye.

Do you really believe his actions with the Mercedes driver were nothing more than somebody reporting a traffic crime they have seen?
A clue is in the video where he forces the car to stop and starts telling the driver what to do, sort of like a copper would, although a good traffic cop would pull the dodgy driver over in a safer location, and have a sensible chat with the offender and consider the drivers reaction before deciding whether to take things further.
You don't like his attitude, fine, no one is asking you to, and of course it is a bit (or a lot) more than most do, but it is absolute hyperbole to suggest he is acting like a police officer. He is not pretending to be a police officer or a good traffic officer, and the people he stops/films are under no impression he is police officer. You can make these comparisons with a police officer till the cows come home but they are incorrect and not relevant.

Alex321

Veteran
You don't like his attitude, fine, no one is asking you to, and of course it is a bit (or a lot) more than most do, but it is absolute hyperbole to suggest he is acting like a police officer. He is not pretending to be a police officer or a good traffic officer, and the people he stops/films are under no impression he is police officer. You can make these comparisons with a police officer till the cows come home but they are incorrect and not relevant.
Straw man, since nobody has suggested he might be pretending to be a police officer, nor that anybody he stops might somehow believe he is one.

"Acting like" one does not imply any such pretence or belief.

I'm not going argue about whether he is "acting like" a police officer, but your argument has no relevance to whether he is or not.

GilesM

Legendary Member
I am not saying he is pretending to be a Police officer, my criticism is he is doing stuff that only a copper should be doing, example, standing in the road and stopping people who have just committed a traffic offence, it's not for him to do that, and I really don't think it's unreasonable for me to say that I would prefer if that type of stuff was left for the Police to do.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I am not saying he is pretending to be a Police officer, my criticism is he is doing stuff that only a copper should be doing, example, standing in the road and stopping people who have just committed a traffic offence, it's not for him to do that, and I really don't think it's unreasonable for me to say that I would prefer if that type of stuff was left for the Police to do.
As a for instance, a camera at Gandalf Corner would solve all issues immediately.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
But if a car is approaching in the offending lane at 15mph, then I am approaching that car at 25mph, so that's more likely to result in a crash, or at least a bit of a knock.
And even if your speed is such that you can stop in the distance you can see, that's no guarantee against hitting another vehicle head on.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Also got prosecuted, raised the profile of CM's chanel and probably earned him some ad revenue.

Result

Not sure if we are talking about the same driver?, I was referring to the female Merc Driver, but, yes, the one where the police turned up was definitely a result.

And I respect your opinion Shep. It would be very easy for you, me and anyone, not just Mikey to come across a complete and utter nutcaase like Kenneth Noye.
I would imagine being the instigator of hundreds of fines, points and maybe bans coupled with his selected confrontational exploits he's going to have a bigger chance of running into said nutcase surely?

Not to mention people out for payback.

Dag Hammar

I will apologise in advance if what I’m about to write here has already been covered.
Re : Gandalf Corner.
The island that the offending vehicles pass on the wrong side is a halfway shelter for pedestrians crossing the road at that point. On the road surface it has “Look Left” markings. If crossing from the pavement towards the centre island it has “Look Right” markings. Those markings make sense because the traffic SHOULD only be coming from either of those directions.
Now imagine that a pedestrian is about to cross the road at that point and seeing those markings, checks in the one direction, and steps out into the road. Bang… hit by a vehicle coming the wrong way because the driver has ignored the mandatory keep left sign.

And you can add to that the additional danger of a cyclist turning left from that adjacent road and potentially ending up on the bonnet of a car.

Mikey has my support.

Top Bottom