Cycling Movies, Films, Documentaries etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are there any non-racing, non-bike-messenger documentaries or films? Has anyone made a movie about bicycle commuting?

I saw an excellent documentary on this subject some years ago, made in Australia in the late 70s.

To add authenticity they'd changed the bicycles to motorcycles. In all other respects it was authenticity itself.

I forget the name of the documentary, but the main characters were known to their peers as Toe Cutter and Night Rider.

There were some police officers in it too.

Ethan

More of an advert than a cycling movie, film or documentary. But what a stunning advert it is!

cheers for putting this together too! Looks like there are some cracking things to watch on here

Michael8

Regular
Other than Films and Docs does anyone now a good bike book. Going on hols soon so would like to chill out and read something decent. Bicycle Diaries By David Byrne is a recent book out any reviews on it please tell.

Michael8

Regular
Thanks Irish, some good reads to pick from....:reading:

Jmenorton

There's a series starting sometime next week called British Cycling: Road to Glory on Sky Atlantic looks like it might be a good watch.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Colin, sorry it was Overcoming, I was surprised at the time it was on youtube...
Ah, okay - that's one I haven't seen yet. I'm not surprised that it was removed.

That reminds me - I have an original German copy of Höllentour ('Hell on Wheels') which I haven't watched recently. I must dig that out and give it another viewing.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Not in keeping with many of the films already posted but has anybody seen the trailer for a new film out in cinemas now or soon based on the wacky antics of the couriers in San Francisco or somewhere like that. It's got him wot played Spiderman in it and seems to be about how cool it is to be a dickhead on a bike with no regard for their own or anyone else's safety as long as you are wearing the right gear,
I saw the trailer and it made me soooo cross, not least because the depiction of how reckless they are is if anything watered down.
The trailer alone can only worsen already awful attitudes towards cyclists in this country. I can only hope that people have more sense than that and it only affects peoples attitudes to couriers and hipsters but I doubt it. What else really pisses me off is that I felt strongly enough about it to comment on here thus raising my profile as the middle aged reactionary I am becoming. I'm off now to wave my walking stick at people having fun on the park and to tell anybody I can find that they are doing it wrong.

Top Bottom