cycling music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kookas

Über Member
Never listen to music and cycle unless you want to be rear ended by some scum screwing on their i-phone,plenty of time to listen to music when you get in

Huh? Are the magnets in headphones really that strong?

I can't see any other way that headphones will improve someone else's driving.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
When I use a music player while cycling (not on every ride), I like listening to both of Hope Sandoval's bands. It's the perfect relaxing accompaniment to cycling.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
That's why I use tabata tracks for all out sprint they generally run at 160-180 bpm its a pain to find them without the rest and go signs but they are around
It's something I've thought about but never done, mostly because of cutting off traffic noise which I think is important. I may still try it out though but with headphones not covering my ears. It just seems easier to pedal when I've got some music going on in my head.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I don't listen to music while on the bike but if you're going to, search youtube for British Sea Power - Machineries of Joy and Sounds of Guns - Sometimes. At least the videos make me want to get my bike out.

OP
OP
chriss2.0

chriss2.0

It's something I've thought about but never done, mostly because of cutting off traffic noise which I think is important. I may still try it out though but with headphones not covering my ears. It just seems easier to pedal when I've got some music going on in my head.

its also something i thought about carefully, 2 things from experience, if you cant have a conversation with someone with them on, they are either too loud or noise cancelling , it is better to get headphones that sin "on" your ear not "in"

this is what i use,(can take calls too) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...e_Phones_Bluetooth_Acc_ET&hash=item4d0486202c

and i can still hear everything quite clearly, and if u r still worred there i an app that will stop music and play back the a loud sound (eg: car horn)

wistleboy

I have to say I would never listen to music while riding your ears as well as your eyes are lifesavers , you hear things first most of the time when somthing is coming from behind .
sorry to be a party pooper

uclown2002

Guru
its also something i thought about carefully, 2 things from experience, if you cant have a conversation with someone with them on, they are either too loud or noise cancelling , it is better to get headphones that sin "on" your ear not "in"

this is what i use,(can take calls too) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...e_Phones_Bluetooth_Acc_ET&hash=item4d0486202c

and i can still hear everything quite clearly, and if u r still worred there i an app that will stop music and play back the a loud sound (eg: car horn)
Not seen any cyclist with headphones on! I'd think they would be uncomfortable with a helmet?

Is that not the case?

I am guilty of using one earphone while listening to music but damn thing keeps popping out.

OP
OP
chriss2.0

chriss2.0

they dont sit on top of your head they go round the back, they would fit only if your helmet dosnt press the top of ur ears.
if ur going to cycle with single ear headphone, i would suggest the ones with the mushroom heads, they dont easly come out. u can find them in pound shops

OP
OP
chriss2.0

chriss2.0

I have to say I would never listen to music while riding your ears as well as your eyes are lifesavers , you hear things first most of the time when somthing is coming from behind .
sorry to be a party pooper

fair point.
i usually listen to my music on the isolated country cycle track, like the 1. from hartlepool to sunderland, and if i am on a road or public aria, i make sure i can hear everything. only time i have trouble is when someone calls me

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Cyclists with ear plugs in are a danger to other cyclists.They don't hear you approaching from behind so you have to give them a wider berth,putting yourself in more danger if you're on a busy road.:dry:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I read a review of a recent Leonard Cohen performance.... "he seems to have moved on from the mere bronchial to the completely emphysemic".

I'm beginning to think that this is my kind of music when I see a hill up ahead.

Kookas

Über Member
Cyclists with ear plugs in are a danger to other cyclists.They don't hear you approaching from behind so you have to give them a wider berth,putting yourself in more danger if you're on a busy road.:dry:

I don't think I'd hear a bicycle over the sound of wind and traffic, regardless of whether I'm wearing "earplugs" to be honest. You have a voice; use it.

Top Bottom