cycling music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriss2.0

anyone got any good ideas for music to cycle to

(headphones are outside of ear so can hear traffic quite well)
it may seem odd but currently i got a load of trucker music, and a load of old music

weird mix i know, but they are good ither for hard cruising or just relaxed and happy

anyhow any suggestions of good songs (im a bit out dated)

some stuff i got
white line Casanova, brooks dunn

movin on, ?

why aye man, dire straights

big footed dan

wheels of cobb and co

also stuff like

roll over Beethoven

over the rainbow, huwian guy

keep on the sunny side

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Dire Straits always good for cycling, as well as some Talking Heads, (David Byrne, an avid cyclist, right into his sixties)buut, as my interests trend more toward the symphonic, I might also suggest Rossini on Ilkla Moor, by Eric Fenby. Also Sleigh Ride, by Frederick Delius, and Slavonic Dances by Dvorak.

I have a 'long ride' and a 'short ride' playlist: 55 mins and 2 hours.

Partly as a function of my age, I find the following get in and stay in: Bowie, Byrne (including Talking Heads), Velvet Underground, Nick Cave, Elvis Costello.

And some which are in despite my better judgement: Pretenders... Isaac Hayes.... Sly and the Family Stone.... and The Original Cast of Les Miserables.

There are many others making up the 'long ride' selection, but that is the character of it and I prefer it to traffic and wind noise.

Enjoyed only through my left ear, with the right earpiece tucked into my top.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Wouldn't it be best to have three or four different selections of music that each have a specific amount of beats per minute so that you can easily just match your cadence to the beat? 90 or 180 bpm for the recommended cadence?

Jaco45er

If I am on a pleasure ride, a bit of Marillion, Stereophonics or the manics. If I feel a bit more radio rental, then it's the Foo fighters, QOTS, SOAD, Audioslave, Nirvana, or back to the ole Punk days, pistols, Clash, the Addicts etc etc :smile:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The Clash! There's some cycling music, along with The Mighty Bosstones. And the Chieftans, quite bicycling friendly, in the original configuation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom