Cycling negativity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
So we constantly grumble about people not taking cyclists seriously and putting us in danger, and for the first time in a long time we have a cycling tv show and itv and eurosport are showing loads more cycling.

So are we happy? Of course not, the forum is full of criticism of the cycling show and on the first day of ToB the forum is full of comments about how Phil ligget is crap and so is hugh porter

No wonder people think cyclists are whingers

Me? I'm ecstatic I can watch all this, it's brill

Drago

Legendary Member
Just cos were getting some cycling stuff on tv that doesn't mean it's a) enough considering its the countries biggest participation 'sport' and b) not sheet.

Me? I'm ecstatic I can watch all this, it's brill

As far as The Cycle Show is concerned, I too would be ecstatic to watch it, if indeed it was 'brill'

Sadly to anyone who's been cycling more than 5 minutes, it isn't :sad:

It certainly has potential, but for now it is lacking in all the areas previously covered in the 'official' thread on the topic.

compo

Veteran
Just cos were getting some cycling stuff on tv that doesn't mean it's a) enough considering its the countries biggest participation 'sport' and b) not sheet.

In terms of participation numbers fishing far outweighs cycling by a long way.
It's people like me who bugger up the statistics who do both activities!

I agree with your sentiment though.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
As far as The Cycle Show is concerned, I too would be ecstatic to watch it, if indeed it was 'brill'

Sadly to anyone who's been cycling more than 5 minutes, it isn't :sad:

It certainly has potential, but for now it is lacking in all the areas previously covered in the 'official' thread on the topic.

So you don't think it's worth celebrating having it?
It may not be the best tv but. Prefer it to not having it,

And who's to say it is made for the sort of people who frequent cycling forums?

Kelvin_C-J

Not that I have any education on the matter at hand - but I would imagine no TV show, in any of its first few episodes would be at the highest level of understanding of the topic shown. It may well turn into something like that, but just like a new bicycle takes a few days 'getting to grips with' likewise a TV show will not jump in the deep end straight away. Arguably, however, the forum is hardly full of 'experts' - anyone and everyone are welcomed and that is something that should be celebrated!

I would like to say, however, that personally I would much rather be able to enjoy cycling than worry or complain about what others are doing on the matter.

So you don't think it's worth celebrating having it?
It may not be the best tv but. Prefer it to not having it
No I don't think the current format is worth celebrating TBH. I'm happy there is a program dedicated to the art, I'm just not happy with it's execution at present, and from what I've read not many are.

Not me, and I never have. It should be aimed at everybody, not just forum users, leisure cyclists, crit riders, BSO riders, MAMILS or unicyclists, but everybody.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
No I don't think the current format is worth celebrating TBH. I'm happy there is a program dedicated to the art, I'm just not happy with it's execution at present, and from what I've read not many are.

Each to their own, it's not perfect but I quite like parts of it, but I think it's a pity cyclists can't be supportive and give it a chance to find its feet. Have you seen what Top Gear used to be like ( although I think that's shoot) it took years to find its feet

Top Bottom