Cycling on the Llyn Peninsula

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David_Daft

Regular
Anyone done much cycling around here? Am wondering whether to take my hybrid or road bike, is it hilly, very hilly or very, very hilly? Any advice would be appreciated,

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you look on the OS map, it looks merely 'lumpy'! To me, it looks a bit like Cornwall, in that there are not massive climbs, but there are some steep bits and lots of ups and downs. It looks nice.

I stayed near Harlech last year and was looking across at the peninsula and wondering what the cycling was like there.

If you fancy a real challenge, nip over to Harlech and see if you can get up the incredibly steep little lane that climbs up below the castle!

TBH - it isn't far to get to some big climbs inland in Snowdonia, so I would be tempted to venture out onto them while I was in the area.

Have fun!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
A lot of the villages are on the coast and so there's usually a decent descent, then a cake stop, then a climb out.

If I was going I'd opt for having lowish gears.

on the road

Über Member
If you look on the OS map, it looks merely 'lumpy'! To me, it looks a bit like Cornwall, in that there are not massive climbs, but there are some steep bits and lots of ups and downs. It looks nice.

I stayed near Harlech last year and was looking across at the peninsula and wondering what the cycling was like there.

If you fancy a real challenge, nip over to Harlech and see if you can get up the incredibly steep little lane that climbs up below the castle!

TBH - it isn't far to get to some big climbs inland in Snowdonia, so I would be tempted to venture out onto them while I was in the area.

Have fun!
Now that would be a challenge, the road is a 1 in 3 and I remember seeing the sign the last time I drove up there in the car, it was a challenge even in the car.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's so steep I had trouble riding down it.
I think I would find it scary to ride down and I definitely wouldn't try it in the wet!

Top Bottom