Cycling Partners August 2011 Eastern Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoWilki

I am looking for cycling partners for Eastern Europe for summer 2011 (mainly August but perhaps also July & September ). Is anyone planning on touring this area during these months?

Joann

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Hi Joann,

Sorry, I've no ideas what my plans are for this summer. If you don't get any replies here you could also post an ad on Crazyguyonabike.com.

Be sure to ask lots of questions of potential touring partners otherwise you could have a very stressful, not very enjoyable tour. From experience I'd say there are so many things you need to be compatible on. Friedel has covered most of the things to look for in this article.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
That sounds interesting, and will think about it (I was seriously thinking about going to Poland and other countries round there in the summer. Well, to Wolzstyn, etc anyway).

What countries were you thinking of??
I am up for almost anything just as long as you don't whizz about at TDF speeds too much or, do the complete opposite and go at a snails pace.

OP
OP
J

JoWilki

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the advice and for the article - it's really helpful.

Joann

Hi Joann,

Sorry, I've no ideas what my plans are for this summer. If you don't get any replies here you could also post an ad on Crazyguyonabike.com.

Be sure to ask lots of questions of potential touring partners otherwise you could have a very stressful, not very enjoyable tour. From experience I'd say there are so many things you need to be compatible on. Friedel has covered most of the things to look for in this article.

OP
OP
J

JoWilki

That sounds interesting, and will think about it (I was seriously thinking about going to Poland and other countries round there in the summer. Well, to Wolzstyn, etc anyway).

What countries were you thinking of??
I am up for almost anything just as long as you don't whizz about at TDF speeds too much or, do the complete opposite and go at a snails pace.

Hi MDG, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I was thinking of countries like Czech Repulic, Slovakia, Hungary. I have to say I am more on the side of snails pace than TDF speeds (not sure what this is??) but I do like long distances. I would be interested in getting together a small group, of male/female cyclists. I'm also going to put a notice up on the other website Helen recommended. Let me know if you're still interested.

Joann

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello, yes I am still interested. I don't know how much of it I'd be able to do currently (I'll need to get back to fitness again, but I should be fine), but I'd certainly love to see those countries (I have always wanted to see the MAV '1047s for example - don't ask!) especially if it was by bike.

Incidentally, TDF stands for Tour De France, so no risk of going at THOSE speeds then!

Let me know nearer the time as to your intentions. Thanks.

Susanne

Hi
I'd be interested in cycle touring july/august

Susanne

zealand

hi there, im cycling norway, and to top of russia then down finland and back arcoss if you interested , but will be leaving june somtime . thanks al

OP
OP
J

JoWilki

Hi Vexed,

Sorry for the delayed response, the document below is very useful. I would be intertested in cycling in small group of male and female cyclists, probably August time, around the Czech Republic and Slovakia, not sure exactly yet, probably in May I will have a clearer idea.

Joann

I posted this on another forum but I'm still looking for a cycling partner, age unimportant, for Eastern Europe or Germany etc. so maybe it's ok to drop in here.

More details in this Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... lydNTIPld4

vexed

Thanks Joann, count me in as very interested. I've already done a route through the Czech Republic to Hungary so may be able to give some help.

Top Bottom