Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
_20190729_130848.JPG

:rolleyes:

Fluttering flags, outside Brixworth cricket club..

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Great entries, well done everyone!

I'll announce the result as early as possible tomorrow morning so that the next round can kick off without delay.

I thought it was a good idea to finish at the end of the month to make it easy to remember. The other side of the coin is that it means twelve rounds a year instead of thirteen, so maybe not so good. If I made a mistake I wouldn't want the next setter to feel contrained.

kapelmuur

Veteran
Indeed! I had to really study your picture, as I was surprised there might be 2 (or even more!)
Seems like it is a standard design, I took this photo last year at Wervik which is near the end of the Gent-Wevelgem race.
It features my much missed Trek which was stolen a few days later.

Attachments

• IMG_20180405_134137972_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180405_134137972_HDR.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 8

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Having purposely chosen a subject allowing a wide variety of interpretation, it was always going to be interesting to see what came up. There are few things that go together than a bike and a ferry, and I was pleased to see that combination.

But the winner for me was the creeper-covered wall. The "Green Cross Road", you could say - it almost works!

CrossStr.JPG

I love the texturing and the vibrancy, and the way the bright sunshine in the foreground neatly contextualises the shady area which is the main subject and tells you what sort of day it was. I'd like to jump into the picture and escape the sun.

Contratulations to @PeteXXX - look forward to seeing what's next.

PeteXXX

Thank you! I am honoured to be chosen out of so many great entries in this competition.
I shall dwell on a new topic, and post it soon.

:smile:

PeteXXX

I have thunked..

Machinery.

Any kind: Farming, mining, industrial (new or old) random abandoned machines, but excluding cars, I think, unless they are ancient & rusty.

Usual rules apply. Must include your bike, or part thereof. Closing date is midnight on August 31st 2019.

Egrets are allowed.

D

Deleted member 26715

Wow that's a very interesting bike in the background, a shaft drive small capacity just looking at the overall size of it.

Top Bottom