Cycling plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
That's it. Ipicked it up from the mat this morning, flicked through it and set it for recycling,I've been humming and haahhing for a few months, but now I'm cancelling the subscription.

Blue

Legendary Member
Hasn't been much of a read for a long time IMO. Places like CC are much better.

mr_dombat

Yeah I much prefer Cycling Active now. C+ used to test tourers, tents,trailers, cheap bikes etc etc fairly regularily but now the "bike for £500" is once a year and not done anything touring related for a couple of years. It's all "dream bikes". The recent steel bike test was good but need that kind of article more often.

I subscribe and cancel each year to get a new windproof , gives me a new coat and something to read at work on dinner break.

Can you get away with doing this without paying for all the months? I subscribed but didn't read the small print, presuming that it's a contract that they wouldn't let you out of?

Not that I would cancel anyway, I still quick like the read :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Can you get away with doing this without paying for all the months? I subscribed but didn't read the small print, presuming that it's a contract that they wouldn't let you out of?

Not that I would cancel anyway, I still quick like the read :smile:
Subscribe as a different family member ,its all a matter of timing to get continuous magazine without overlap...

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I still read it, still like it. Didnt like Cycling Active. Cycling Weekly I have quite liked. I tend to read C+ about bimonthly on average.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
I tend to see what's on offer each month before deciding if its worth buying. I do like Cycling weekly as it covers quite a lot but £2.75 a week is also a lot so it tends to be now and again when i need something to read.

Danny

Legendary Member
I'm close to cancelling too.

As mr_dombat pointed out, C+ now only seems to be interested in people who can afford top end road bikes and ridiculously expensive gear. When I first subscribed they catered for a much wider range of interests, and had a decent amount of space devoted to cycle campaigning.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm close to cancelling too.

As mr_dombat pointed out, C+ now only seems to be interested in people who can afford top end road bikes and ridiculously expensive gear. When I first subscribed they catered for a much wider range of interests, and had a decent amount of space devoted to cycle campaigning.
It's turned into a MAMIL's magazine.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's a shame really, because I'm sure many a would-be cyclist on a budget has picked up a magazine to see what's what before taking the plunge and been put off by the description of £1000 machines being dismissed as "entry level", when something half that price would have had a Tour de France contender from three or four decades back tear your arm off for it.

col

Legendary Member
Used to love it, but havnt bothered for a long time. Too much high end that I have no interest in due to the cost.

Top Bottom