Cycling plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I subscribe and cancel each year to get a new windproof , gives me a new coat and something to read at work on dinner break.

I do similar.
A few years ago I calculated that a renewal was £12 more expensive than a new subscription, and I got a fre gift!

At present my Cat is the recipient!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I must admit that C+ i reckon 90 % of the reviewed products is out of my budget , i just read is as a bling magazine with a few useful nuggets .Beats listening to the other guys at work talking about grown men kicking a bag of air around :giggle:

Subscribed because of free eyewear in the summer. Undecided whether to keep it going in August. Invaluable toilet reading though. Generally do find stuff of interest. Doesn't bother me that bikes and gear that are totally out my scope are reviewed any more than it does when they review budget stuff which I might not consider buying. They both have a place in a general cycling magazine. When it comes down to it whatever you buy at whatever price point you still have to pedal it to make it go!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Its no different to buying Top Gear magazine. Though they do cover entry level bike gear, couple of issues back they had sub £400 bikes in there. Two of the fixies in the last issue were under £500.

I got a subscription to Cycling Plus for a christmas pressie a few years ago from my Sister Inlaw and after the first year the direct debit was cancelled but they still sent the magazine for another 18 months :smile: so it was a good read for a freebie but since they stopped sending it i have'nt bought one and tend to pick up a copy of Cycling Active if i fancy a read

pawl

Legendary Member
Feel cycling plus reviews to be aimed at the richer cyclists among us. only buy if it contains anything that interests me.Have a subscription to Cycling Weekly that iwill not renew as it is to sportif orientated for my taste plus i miss the whats on section that covered TT& RR.I usualy pick up a copy of Cycling Active.Just another thought ,in the reports in C W on sportif events do they refer frequently to it as a race.

ohnovino

Large Member
I think in the last issue I read almost all the bikes reviewed cost at least £2k, but then the how-to section was something as simple as fixing a puncture. I assumed they're going for the "cycling is the new golf" crowd, which is fair enough as that's the demographic the advertisers are most interested in.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
In their defence it isnt all high end stuff they review. They recently did bikes starting around £350 , this month they did bikes around £1000 and next month are reviewing £500 road bikes.

Personally I quite like drooling over bikes I cant afford. Still not sure if I will renew my subscription though.Theres only so much you can write about bikes so similar stuff starts resurfacing every now and then.

Mike!

Guru
anyone know the date the next issue comes out? Interested in the £1k shootout they are doing and the test on the carbon carrera

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's usually 1st of the month, though being a subscriber I usually get my copy at least a week before that

Mike!

Guru
according to this it should be out but it's not in Tesco or Smiths as of yesterday...gggrrrhhh, maybe too much pop over xmas delayed publication

Top Bottom