Cycling plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My other interest is shooting - and I find similarities in the magazines' messages. They are all there to sell advertising space !

Manufacturers bring out the latest models and need to sell them - look how much a 2011 bike can be discounted in 2012 - reinventing the wheel, almost literally in the case of the bike !

I look at my other hobby - and really I should be very happy with the guns I own. My guns are built to last my lifetime, with minimal maintenance, but every couple of years the makers tweak something or other and persuade buyers that they really deserve the latest offering...

It's only after having drooled over the latest review or advert that I imagine that I will be a better shot if I bung another £1,000 into the gun cabinet.

I had to stop riding for a few weeks recently, and found myself drooling over road bikes and the like online and in Cycling Plus.

Getting back on my 5 yr old Giant FCR3 yesterday made me realise that it is actually rather good, and does all I need it to.

I am sure that reading the magazines would make me lust after more kit, another bike, better tyres, etc. etc. just the same as with shooting kit.

When I'm in the market to change my car I buy a couple of motoring magazines. Perhaps the same approach is appropriate for hobbies & cycling too.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
That's it. Ipicked it up from the mat this morning, flicked through it and set it for recycling,I've been humming and haahhing for a few months, but now I'm cancelling the subscription.

You CANT

My interview hasn't been published with them yet :0

Top Bottom