Cycling Safety Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

russellsg

My final post

OK - it is obvious from the tone of these comments that it is waste of time for me to bother responding to any more posts. I intend now to take the survey off line and delete the results. The continued attacks by certain members of this forum have made it impossible to obtain sufficient impartial survey responses particularly given the number of responses that have likely come from people who have been reading this thread. There also appears to be a certain amount of sabotage responses. I apologise for all those members who took the effort to complete the survey and were genuinely interested in finding out what trends or information could have been seen from the results. However I am not prepared to spend hours of statistical evaluation of the results to post any findings in such a hostile environment. To be honest the actions of a few members on this forum have been quite inappropriate and rude. I also note a couple of posts that were removed which obviously meant that the moderator must have considered them not to be in the best interests of this forum.

After logging off today for the last time I have no intention of viewing this thread again to read the predictable stream of responses (with all the high 5's and likes between those people) which I am sure will follow. Like I have always said this survey was initiated as an interest matter only and there never was any other agenda to it. I think after a while everybody actually realised this and I have answered all questions asked by the forum owner

Once again thanks for those that did provide support (yes there were some) and I am sorry that the overall support was not there in the end. I would just like to finish off with saying congratulations to all those that wanted this survey stopped - your lack of any kind of supportive cooperation has won out in the end. If the world depended on your progress we would all still be living in caves.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My final post

OK - it is obvious from the tone of these comments that it is waste of time for me to bother responding to any more posts. I intend now to take the survey off line and delete the results. The continued attacks by certain members of this forum have made it impossible to obtain sufficient impartial survey responses particularly given the number of responses that have likely come from people who have been reading this thread. There also appears to be a certain amount of sabotage responses. I apologise for all those members who took the effort to complete the survey and were genuinely interested in finding out what trends or information could have been seen from the results. However I am not prepared to spend hours of statistical evaluation of the results to post any findings in such a hostile environment. To be honest the actions of a few members on this forum have been quite inappropriate and rude. I also note a couple of posts that were removed which obviously meant that the moderator must have considered them not to be in the best interests of this forum.

After logging off today for the last time I have no intention of viewing this thread again to read the predictable stream of responses (with all the high 5's and likes between those people) which I am sure will follow. Like I have always said this survey was initiated as an interest matter only and there never was any other agenda to it. I think after a while everybody actually realised this and I have answered all questions asked by the forum owner

Once again thanks for those that did provide support (yes there were some) and I am sorry that the overall support was not there in the end. I would just like to finish off with saying congratulations to all those that wanted this survey stopped - your lack of any kind of supportive cooperation has won out in the end. If the world depended on your progress we would all still be living in caves.

As a flounce I'd rate that a poor 4.5/10.
As a display of bullshitting it gets a decent 9/10.

GC

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My final post

Why not post the responses here and we'll pick over them ourselves then?

I only felt that you started the survey expecting one set of results, and I suspect you didn't get your predicted result. Not necessarily because people set out to wreck your survey but just because it didn't reflect the places we cycle and how we find it. Even across this site there will be differences in opinion with regards how to cycle safely. I cycle where there are lots of cyclists and often find the comments of those who say they met one cyclist while they were out strange. I don't have to leave my house to see double figure of cyclists (2 just cycled past as I type this).

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Remarkable how questions Mr Russell is unwilling or unable to answer are translated in his world into attacks.

Particularly having provided us with a survey clearly biased against cyclists and attacking the notion of the decent honest cycling that the vast majority of us routinely engage in.

I doubt anyone has ever tried to shut down this survey, simply to find out more about it by asking questions and highlighting irregularities from a poster shifty & evasive from the outset then increasingly antisocial rather than being open and honest as he claimed to be.

classic33

Leg End Member
Remarkable how questions Mr Russell is unwilling or unable to answer are translated in his world into attacks.

Particularly having provided us with a survey clearly biased against cyclists and attacking the notion of the decent honest cycling that the vast majority of us routinely engage in.

I doubt anyone has ever tried to shut down this survey, simply to find out more about it by asking questions and highlighting irregularities from a poster shifty & evasive from the outset then increasingly antisocial rather than being open and honest as he claimed to be.
I think I know who he meant, but I made it clear I couldn't complete it.

Thought, if I could see the data being collected by GoogleForms, would this include any e-mail addresses left?

classic33

Leg End Member
How many forums has he posted this on, wolrwide?

215 (or 389) responses in six weeks is a remarkably poor return and suggests to me that his survey has been viewed with suspicion across all forums.

GC
Ten, as well as managing to get it in an a newspaper.

Shaun

Founder
Sadly a few things have gone on in the background (and at other cycling forums) that have not painted russellsg or CycleChat in a very good light, so I'm closing the thread and will be archiving it into the moderators forum in a few days time.

russellsg is no longer a member of CycleChat and I would ask that people do not follow him around to other cycling forums seeking to discredit or harrass him there; certainly not in association with CycleChat.

Thanks,
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom