Cycling Season coming to a quick end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danger mouse

Unless you have lived through a Winter in Alberta you dont know what cold is.

Cycling has got to be out of the question without every inch of skin covered and even then there would be the issue of frozen lungs.

I know these things. I have the frost bitten ears to prove it!!

Drago

Legendary Member
Try a winter in the Falklands if you want to know cold, although I didn't have a bike with me :sad:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'm a bit nesh so I didn't go out today as it was hailing then raining then hailing some more then the sun peeked out for nearly 4 minutes before it hailed again then rained.
I'll go tomorrow as I have an event to do!

Davidc

Guru

I think the minds of vehicle drivers go numb in the winter as soon as they start the engine along with their driving skills. They are looking for cyclists even less to terrify. .......

Fixed that bit anyway.

We do get temperatures of -7 deg this side of the Atlantic you know! (I tend not to get a bike out when they are though)

I dump the road bikes and switch to big knobblies on the mtb.
There's nothing better than a 20 mile ride on a crisp january evening after work along a moonlit frozen grassy riverbank!

My highest mileage in a single month so far .... 563 miles in January 2012. :becool:

Crosstrailer

Had a ride over the weekend into high winds and a hailstorm, got back with an aching face and soaked to the skin and had a great time !!!!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Just because the temperature drops it doesn't mean I suddenly own a car that I can use to get to work!

Having been in New England during one of their harshest winters for years I can confirm that it makes Hoth look like Southern Italy.

Top Bottom