Cycling Season coming to a quick end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I love the fall, but hate the fact that cycling season is coming to a quick end. I have a nice spinner I use in the winter but hate going nowhere fast! It takes a lot of of motivation to get on the spinner in early December through mid March... Sorry, I just needed to vent!
Think yourself lucky - my 2012 season came to an abrupt halt on July 22nd! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy

I must have struck a nerve with a few of you die hard riders! I have a giant rapid and a roam 1. The roam 1 more is than adequate for snow here andthere. But I when the snow and ice build on the shoulders of the roadway there isn't really any safe place to ride. Don't forget the frozen cow, muck on the roads!

I think the minds of vehicle drivers go numb in the winter along with their driving skills. They are looking for cyclist even less. Cold Air and my lungs dont get along well either.

Ok, please commence on bashing me for having a season to ride. I find this thoroughly amusing!

D

Deleted member 1258

For me the fixed season is about to begin, this weekend the geared best bike goes away till the spring and I'll ride nothing but the fixed over the winter.

snorri

Legendary Member
Ok, please commence on bashing me for having a season to ride. I find this thoroughly amusing!
Don't take offence sgtjiggy, I think a few of us, me included, hadn't realised at first that you were not resident in the UK.:smile:
Anyway, hang around and you will get the last laugh reading posts from those who post their deeds of derring do while coping with a few mm of snow and a touch of frost in what passes for the average UK winter.:biggrin:

Drago

Legendary Member
We're on a higher latitude than much of Canada. It gets cold here too. It sometimes even snows a bit. I appreciate the typical British car driver is a bit of a tit and suffers a prolapsed sphincter at the sight of a snowflake I would rather hope that the typical tweed wearing, pipe smoking, devilled egg eating, penny farthing riding English cyclist would be made if sterner stuff.

He'll, the Headcam Crew (y'all!) will be out in force praying for someone to try and kill them so they can post it up on YouTube to help build understanding and compassion between cyclists and motorists.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Whats 20 degress , i assume you mean F ?
...google convert ahhh - 6 , i have done colder commutes and it was going on for that with windchill coming home this morning after night shift .
Each to their own and it depends how much you like cycling and if you have the option to use a turbo etc , for me i use it has a means of transport and its keeps me partially sane ^_^so i try to get out as much as i can.
what about CX/MTB ?

ColinJ

Don't take offence sgtjiggy, I think a few of us, me included, hadn't realised at first that you were not resident in the UK.:smile:
I think the fact that autumn was described as 'the fall' in the first sentence of the post was a pretty strong clue! :thumbsup:

al78

Guru
Cycling season.

What's that?

1st November till Halloween ^_^.

I guess the idea of a cycling season is true for competitive cyclists; the club time trials typically run from May to mid August as they require sufficient evening daylight.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I don't think I've ever heard a better excuse for N+1 - Go hit them trails! ^_^

bikes_moonlander.jpg
Now I saw one of these in the carpark at work the other day. Is there any need for it in London? LOL

lulubel

Über Member
We're on a higher latitude than much of Canada. It gets cold here too. It sometimes even snows a bit

Northern Europe is much warmer than Canada.

North Atlantic Drift

I get where you're coming from with the cold air. Even air temperatures just below freezing make my chest close up. I've never tried, but I don't think I could cycle in them. (I am asthmatic, though, and I think that means it affects me more than someone with healthy lungs.)

ColinJ

IIRC we used to refer to it as fall once upon a time before going with the latin autumn. Maybe I think..
Yes - there are many words that we think of as being Americanisms that are actually words that we used here before the Pilgrim Fathers went to America, but our English changed a lot and the English that they took over there didn't!

Top Bottom