Cycling shoe hack (probably really stupid)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

If it was me I would drive/cycle or get the bus or train to my nearest asda and return for free and get a full refund then you can look into getting something else that would be easier to return if not suitable.

For the price of a bus fare or petrol etc you could get a full refund.

I live on Guernsey a small island no asdas on the island :smile: hopefully they will refund me the postage though thats unlikely. Will just never use them again. does anyone know any other good cycling retailer websites?

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

Have you worn them out yet though or put the cleats on ? If not you can send them back.

Havnt even received them yet couger. Will send back without even opening it.

raggydoll

Über Member
I live on Guernsey a small island no asdas on the island :smile: hopefully they will refund me the postage though thats unlikely. Will just never use them again. does anyone know any other good cycling retailer websites?

Ah, apologies! :smile:

Another option is to weight them then check royal mail website to see what it would cost to return via post office (or check with them).

I can see why you're annoyed that they wouldn't let you cancel right away!

Very frustrating!

There are a few cycling retailer sites but I haven't really used any so couldn't say which ones are good.

I'm sure others will know though!

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

Message them on their live chat and see what they suggest. I thought Wiggle offer a (paid for) RM returns service? Shouldn’t be more than a fiver. How much were the shoes?
order was £141 in total will cost like £40 to send in royal mail. Will never use CRC again after this.

vickster

Legendary Member
Really?! Is it not standard UK post from Guernsey like Jersey?
No any other courier options?
Has the order actually been dispatched already? If not message them? Or if CRC rather than Wiggle, you can phone I think

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

It is the same but they must charge different I guess yeah was dispatched already.. After 5 mins they will refuse to cancel the order I contacted them before they sent it and they said it was impossible.. Even though I had another order 2 days ago that hadnt even been shipped yet.

Wiggle are my shop of choice tbh. They're pretty quick on despatch so that'll be why you can't cancel.
Smaller mail order shops would be more flexible but slower and more expensive.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Makes virtually no difference in reality, just marketing (the main benefit of clipping in is that your feet don't slip on the pedal if wet or rough terrain).

Exactly, miniscule differences in actual power output when used in pro racing being marketed to the masses as though it's going to make any measurable difference to the average rider. Human legs are not designed for pulling anyway, they are strong when being extended not contracted.

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

Exactly, miniscule differences in actual power output when used in pro racing being marketed to the masses as though it's going to make any measurable difference to the average rider. Human legs are not designed for pulling anyway, they are strong when being extended not contracted.

Yes your right except out of the saddle there's a big power increase difference plus its better to be fixed in as I find cycling long distances I have to think about where my feet are sometimes and they move slightly a lot.

I don't think it's a big difference in power. I race duathlon in trainers and clips and straps cos it would take me seconds to change shoes over and I don't believe I lose a huge amount of power with trainers.

I do prefer to be clipped in though for long rides but wouldn't bother to nip to the shops.

DRM

Guru
Yes your right except out of the saddle there's a big power increase difference plus its better to be fixed in as I find cycling long distances I have to think about where my feet are sometimes and they move slightly a lot.
They don’t seem to slow the likes of Matthieu Van Der Poel, Wout Van Aert, and Tom Pidcock down in CX races, I’ve had both and prefer mtb 2 bolt types and there’s no difference in the times on my regular rides

Top Bottom