Cycling stuff you wish you hadn't bought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iacula

Long fingered cycling gloves: expensive! and you lose them just the same

BigSteev

I'm pretty much in agreement with those two. I love the grip and the way the Pro 3's roll but the sidewalls are useless and the Cateye has now been replaced with a Hope Vision 1.

I'll add the Crank Bros pump which is useless and the uncomfortable and expensive Fizik Arione seat that has been replace by the cheap and comfortable Charge.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Cateye EL520. No use for the unlit roads which I bought it for and overpriced. I see a theme developing already...

mr Mag00

rising member
spec armadillos dont fit in frame, just wish i hadnt bouht them dont know if any good. vdo wireless comp eats batteries and very narrow reception it seem unless in exactly the right place

HelenD123

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
i guess there's a difference between something just being crap in all circumstances, and bought in error for intended use.

It's not a complete waste of space but I could have got the same performance in a much cheaper light. I bought it before I came on here:laugh:.

Pair of Sealskinz so called waterproof gloves. Very difficult to put on in the first instance because the linings twizzle up and I can't get my fingers in. Once they've been worn for a short time, if I take them off for any reason, I can't get them back on. They are not waterproof and need to be wrung out after use because they hold so much water. Total waste of £30.

gavintc

Guru
My latest overshoes are neoprene and have PRO in big letters on the side. I presumed that neoprene would make them more waterproof. However, they simply stink and are no more waterproof. I have colleagues complain when they come into my office as my neoprene overshoes have that lovely 'wet wetsuit smell':angry:

Top Bottom