Cycling stuff you wish you hadn't bought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

knonist

Cateye EL530

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
endura convert jacket, supposed to be waterproof. it's not.
endura technical pants, at the time they were selling them as waterproof pants, there not and now are marketed at mtb pants.
aldi cape only a fiver, but a fiver wasted.
brooks saddle, done 1000 miles. don't get the fuss (yet?)
slicks for my mtb
crud guard
carradice mtb seatpack (too big and broke when i fell off)

GrahamNR17

For me it's an actual bike: a Chinese folder from Fleabay. It gives gas pipe bikes a bad name. It gives suspension bikes a bad name. It gives folding bikes a bad name. It gives heavy bikes a bad name...

It rides like a three-ton jelly :thumbsup:

I'd sell it, but I fear they'd bring it back and hit me with it :evil:

snorri

Legendary Member
Madison specs with three single piece changeable lenses.
When looking ahead, they gave the impression that my eyelevel was an extra metre up from the road surface:ohmy:. Thought I might get used to them but eventually just dumped them.:wacko:

dav1d

I bought a Cateye light, the one that costs 37 pound on Spacycles, wish I hadn't bothered. No better than my old cheap ones I got rid off. Not very bright, and fell off the bike just moments ago, causing a very small piece of plastic to come off, but that piece of plastic was allowing it to be tightened properly. Now I have to turn it a certain way, not fully locked, for it to work!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
good timing!

potsy

Rambler
Altura padded under-shorts.absolute rubbish.horrible waist band and a very poor pad.
Had bought 2 pairs of the Endura ones 1st and they were really good,for some reason ordered the altura's by mistake next time,were slightly cheaper b ut you get what you pay for I suppose.
Have since bought some dhb ones from Wiggle which are just as good as the Enduras.

a_n_t

furball said:
Pair of Sealskinz so called waterproof gloves. They are not waterproof and need to be wrung out after use because they hold so much water. Total waste of £30.

Send them back! I've had mine in a bowl full of water and they stayed dry. Also make sure your jacket is waterproof as water can obviously get in where you put your hands!

Bayerd

Über Member
gavintc said:
My latest overshoes are neoprene and have PRO in big letters on the side. I presumed that neoprene would make them more waterproof. However, they simply stink and are no more waterproof. I have colleagues complain when they come into my office as my neoprene overshoes have that lovely 'wet wetsuit smell':angry:

Oh tits....

I've just got some of these as they were recommended as being good for keeping the feet warm and dry.

Top Bottom