Cycling stuff you wish you hadn't bought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
At around 130 quid, the biggest waste of money - Orlieb Flight 22l backpack.

It looks good on paper and is very solid and well made. However, it's totally overengineered (100% waterproof, silicone sealed wateproof zips), heavy and the rigid frame goes far enuff up the back to constantly hit the back of the helmet. Maybe good for kayaking or something, but overkill for cycling.

In the cupboard gathering dust, should put it on ebay really.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WTF

"this seat will eliminate all pressure and cycling related pains"

Because you will never ride your bike in public again with this thing on it :laugh:

For me it's an actual bike: a Chinese folder from Fleabay. It gives gas pipe bikes a bad name. It gives suspension bikes a bad name. It gives folding bikes a bad name. It gives heavy bikes a bad name...

It rides like a three-ton jelly :thumbsup:

I'd sell it, but I fear they'd bring it back and hit me with it :evil:

mate that was so funny,I could not stop crying for laughter,
laugh.gif

JDP

Andiamo
Not a big spend but old style trouser clips - excellent at coming off and flappig around my ankle but rubbish at clipping trousers.

Why oh why did I doubt my trusty socks.

gannet

Conti sport contact MTB tyres.

3 weeks- no joke- 7 punctures and down to the thread.

Fourty quids' worth of tyre. and I lost the puncture proof guarantee thing so i couldn't even get 'em replaced.

my bike came fitted with these as standard...

three punctures in a short space of time, gave up and replaced them with Conti Gatorskins, punctures to date = 0 :biggrin:

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
My latest overshoes are neoprene and have PRO in big letters on the side. I presumed that neoprene would make them more waterproof. However, they simply stink and are no more waterproof. I have colleagues complain when they come into my office as my neoprene overshoes have that lovely 'wet wetsuit smell':angry:

I'm with you on that one!

Top Bottom