Cycling the Milau Bridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
I have cycled under it and around it, but not over it. I am pretty certain that it is a toll motorway and has no pedestrians or cyclists.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Alan H said:
Is it possible to cycle across the Milau Bridge in France?

No.

There has been two occasions when pedestrians were allowed onto it before it was opened to traffic. There's no provision for pedestrians or cyclists. You'll have be contents with a closish look from viewing areas level with the decks or go underneath it and look upwards.

I'm not sure that I'd want to cycle across it. I get dizzy standing on a thick carpet :eek:

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I've seen it closed on Sundays for 'events' such as 10km runs and cycle rides. I have done both and each time they've just coincided with my visits, so I presume they're pretty regular (ie several times a summer).

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Tim Bennet. said:
I've seen it closed on Sundays for 'events' such as 10km runs and cycle rides. I have done both and each time they've just coincided with my visits, so I presume they're pretty regular (ie several times a summer).

You just might have visited on the two occasions that the bridge was closed to stage the events. 2004 and 2007. I've not sen any other events described or listed.

friedel

You can't cycle over it normally but there is a great winding road that goes up not far from the bridge and gives you a fantastic view over it. I wish this was when we were religiously noting road numbers and I could tell you which one exactly. It was a fantastic ride that took us up for a view, then across a high plateau and south. Superb riding.

Apart from ticking off another "done that" there's not much point in cycling over. There are large screens on either side to stop rubber necking motorists so nothing to be seen. I've crossed it several times and - the structure apart - it is a bit anticlimatic.

Top Bottom